Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
N2BchMtnMrsh
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14360
Third Party Supplier?

I have been trying to purchase some spare parts for my Montana, but Keystone says that they only sell to dealers. Is there a third party site that sells RV parts? For instance, the little "drive shaft" between the motor and the gear box on my Front Slide outs snapped. The thing is 2-3 inches long and not much bigger around than a piece of spaghetti. I would love to carry a couple of spares but Keystone refuses to sell me some. Any ideas?

N2BchMtnMrsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
http://www.trekwood.com

This is the online parts site for Tiara RV in Elkhart, IN. You enter your RV info and what you are looking for and if they have it, they will sell it to you. I just ordered a length of slide seal, and they had it in the mail a couple days later. Prior to that, I needed a replacement switch for the wall panel that has the lighted switches, and they figured out what I needed and sent them to me also. Good people to work with.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You beat me to it, Bob! Trekwood is your best choice to order parts for your Montana if you do not want to go through a dealer. Keystone will not sell to any owner direct and require any part sales go through a dealer.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #4
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
X3 for Trekwood.

Be aware that they ain't cheap though but if you need that special part ...........
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Nobody is going to be cheap in that situation, but trekwood has treated me right even when they sent me the wrong part by accident.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BchMtnMrsh View Post
I have been trying to purchase some spare parts for my Montana, but Keystone says that they only sell to dealers. Is there a third party site that sells RV parts? For instance, the little "drive shaft" between the motor and the gear box on my Front Slide outs snapped. The thing is 2-3 inches long and not much bigger around than a piece of spaghetti. I would love to carry a couple of spares but Keystone refuses to sell me some. Any ideas?

They refuse to sell parts because Keystone does not have a parts department at least not yet but they may have in the future. Parts come from the vendors.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote