Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Placing an order for 2005 2955RL??

We have been RV hunting for the last 4 years. Today I drove my first 5'er! We pulled a 2955RL, and it is beautiful. I could buy it tomorrow. Don't know much about Keystone/Montana Corp. Was thinking about Sunnybrook and Jayco. There are so many "extras" in this Montana it is just amazing. How does a Montana "hang" in there. We will be fully retired in 4.5 years then taking our major trips, e.g. Alaska, Mexico etc.

I just don't know if this Montana is like my first date or the real thing.

Any advice?

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It is the real thing. Although the way some of us love our Montanas would almost be parallel to "Puppy Love".
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:50 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome Robert to the MOC!

There are many many 2955RL's out there and you should be getting many many favorable posts about this particular model as well as all the other models Montana builds.
You are going to luv the 2955RL. We have been fulltiming in a 2004 2955RL going on 19 months and we love it. With the exception of an ornery shower door we have had absolutely NO problems and when I say "NO problems" I mean just that, NIL, NONE, NAUGHT, ZERO PROBLEMS.

I just don't know if this Montana is like my first date or the real thing." For us this ain't no first date, it is the REAL THING. My advice....Go For It!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:12 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
RKassl, welcome aboard. We've towed our current Montana 30,000 miles and still love it. This is our second Montana. One thing that might help you is to know that Montana has been the number one seller in North America for the last four years in a row. That says a lot. There has to be a reason for that. Read through this forum and you'll find how Keystone has stood behind its product. That's one of the things that keeps us in the Montana fold.

All that said, the Montana is not perfect. This thing gets bounced along the road and has a lot of mechanical pieces. Naturally, there will occasional problems, just as there are in your auto or truck. And there have been a very few who have reported serious problems. You'll find in this forum we talk mostly about problems and are not very good about talking about non-problems. Human nature, I guess.

There are other good brands out there, including Sunnybrook and Jayco. You wouldn't really go wrong with any of these three brands. But, in case you can't already tell, we feel the Montana is the best bang for the buck. Good luck and let us know how this ends up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:18 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Like I said we only had ours since Feb but we are still dazzled with ours!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:38 AM   #6
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We purchased our 2005 2995RL almost a year ago and take it out at least twice a month for weekends at this point. We have not had it back for anything. We love it and can hardly wait until we can take a long trip in it.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:07 AM   #7
exfuzz02
Established Member

M.O.C. #2240
Send a message via ICQ to exfuzz02
My wife and I just returned from our first outing in our 2955RL...Spent a week in Eastern WA enjoying all the wineries. Had no problems with anything. Was very comfortable and towed like there was nothing behind us (except going up some passes)..

My only complaint is the hard to get to fresh water drain and the placement of the drain valve handles in the storage compartment. They look like they were placed there as an afterthought.?
exfuzz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:18 AM   #8
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
You will like your Montana. I always check our local papers up here in Mich to see how many Montanas or Mountaineers are for sale and over the last few years its been very few. If they are listed they dont last long. I am happy to say that we bought a 2004 Mountaineer 295rks in October 2004. I purchased it from a dealer in Knoxville, TN. The price was right and we got almost double for our shamrock tt. The dealers up here in Michigan would barley give us book price for trade . Wife and I went down with the tt and picked up the 5vr,dealer put us up at a campgrounds in Pigeon Forge for two days so they could install 5ver hitch and wireing,left us their car so we could get around and gave us passes to Dollywood. I love our Mountaineer.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:33 AM   #9
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Whatever decision you make has to be the right one for you, but after looking at 5ers for several years, we kept coming back to Montana. We were lucky enough to find a previously enjoyed unit that fit our needs and finances and have not regretted it. Good luck.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #10
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sunshine

Whatever decision you make has to be the right one for you, but after looking at 5ers for several years, we kept coming back to Montana. We were lucky enough to find a previously enjoyed unit that fit our needs and finances and have not regretted it. Good luck.
This entire description matches us as well. We had the literature for the 2002 3575RL on our refrigerator door in the stick house for over 2 years until we found a used one that was at a good price. Small problems and a couple of questionable design issues (see some of my other prevous posts) notwithstanding, we are very pleased with our purchase.

OTOH, I like to customize our RV and these "problems" are as much an excuse to Go Wild as much as anything

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #11
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
3 rigs in one year all from the Montana factory - each one a little bigger and a little better. This is love,infatuation and obsession all rolled into one!

Seriously we consistently look for something better at each RV show and (so far) nothing comes close.

Go for it!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #12
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
as you can see we have the similar Mountaineer. Have had it since Oct and love it!!. Just got done taking it on a 800+ round trip--towed beautifully, even in 30-40 mph crosswinds and rain. Even had it on some gravel county roads and mud--we thought we had a different colored 5er when we got to where we were going, but a little water fixed that. No problems other than ran out of propane one night, oh and one of the pantry doors came open, could have something to do with the rough road. I am sure you would love one as much as we do ours.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #13
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
As I have said many times before on this forum, we chose the 2955RL as the best Montana for us. After three years and many miles we still feel that we made the right decision.
We will be making three trips within the next month, Including Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, (and all states between here and there), then to Colorado and back home, and finally to Kentucky and maybe some states beyond.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #14
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
hi, we have had our 2955rl for 1 1/2 months and just can't believe it took us so long to buy it. it's a great unit ,especially for two people. we just got back from pismo rv resort in pismo beach calif and had an ocean view spot for a week,it was awesome.you'll really like the 2955rl enjoy. one more thing ,there must have been at least 20 montana's and mountineers ,all through the week.
mike&amy johnson
rio vista calif
05-2955rl
semper-fi
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:33 AM   #15
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We agree, certainly a great unit and one of the most popular floor plans. Of course there are many floor plans larger but you will find the size of the 2955 to be sufficient!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote