Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
After 45 days I pick it up tommorow

Yes ladies and Gentlemen my Montana is finally fixed.If feels like a big weight has been taken off my shoulder.Went up last night after the dealership was closed and took a look at the crack repair.It looks beautiful.They did a really nice job on the repair.In a perfect world I would have liked it done sooner,but its done and thats all i care about at this point.

As a side note while it was up for the crack repair.They put out the slides and some thing got caught under the kitchen slide.Tore up the wood plank flooring.They replaced the flooring with new.haven`t got to talk to them yet of what caused this.

Any way my babys coming home.Whooooo Hooooo.Just in time to winterize it and dream of an early spring.Now maybe I can get a good nights sleep.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:50 AM   #2
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Congradulations HarleyRider! You patience has paid off.

Seems like I'm reading more and more about slide damage when extending or retracing slides. When retracting, one should be able to see anything in the path that might intefer with the retraction,IF WE JUST take our time and LOOK FOR IT.

Extending the slides is a different story. It's very easy for something to be trapped under the slide (especially under the bed). Or be in position along the edge where it will be caught between the slide and the outside wall.

I try to take the time to give my slide areas a good once over before moving them. But I'm convinced that if you NEVER crush anything moving the slides you can consider yourself "lucky" as well as "smart".

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 03:16 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I'm glad to hear your ordeal is over. It sure didn't take them long once they got started, did it? It might be a good idea to run that slide out and in a few times before you leave the dealers. Just in case there is still a problem there.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 AM   #4
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'm glad you are finally getting it back and I agree with 8.1al, open the slide a couple more times while still at the dealer to see if there is going to be a problem. GOOD LUCK!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 AM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
harleyrider indtead of winterising just come on down to Fl.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Happy to hear that the rig is all taken care of--you sure were patient!! Think Gene's idea is great. We should all take his suggestion.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Yes patience has it's virtue. Glad to hear all is well. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote