Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Montys Gone

Some of you may have read in some of my previous notes that Glenda and I have sold Monty. Well it's final. The proud new owner picked it up today. Good thing Glenda was at work. I'm sure there would have been a few tears as it left our driveway.

Oh well....now we get the chance to order a new one!

Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Just remember you sold it so you can get a better one, I'm sure you will be sad for a little while but that will pass as soon as you get your new one. Which one did you order?
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:13 PM   #3
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Haven't ordered yet. We'll wait until after the Louisville show in Dec to see if there are any new floorplans. I get a lot of conflicting stories on that. If there's nothing we like we'll probably order the 2980.

I hear Keystone may be coming out with a higher end unit to replace the Big Sky but probably won't see much of it until spring. That's too long to wait to order since we really want the new one by mid April.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Good luck choosing your next Montana.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations! Be sure to let us know when you decide on the next one. And I assume you'll continue to participate in MOC in the meantime.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on selling your Monty and we'll look forward to seeing what you pick next. We're looking at 5ers right now as we're hoping to fulltime pretty soon and want a washer/dryer. We're trying to decide if we should sell privately or trade ours in. I guess we'll have to see what the trade looks like as the state sales tax savings is going to be close to $2000 on a trade. Oh well, we'll just have to see how the numbers work out.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:28 PM   #7
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
It is funny. When you sell a vehicle or a camper that you have had for a long time, it is like seeing an old friend going out of sight. Lots of memories of the old 5th wheel and the trips with the kids. We had that one 10 years and the kids grew up in it. After you get the new one though, those memories are supplemented by new ones. I have also had a few things I wish I could forget. haha. You will love the new one. Good luck to you with it.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
This Montana was the first 5er we've had. We really camped (tent trailer and a Van conversion) back when our 2 boys were young but we drifted away from camping for a number of years. Five years ago we bought the Montana and it's normally Glenda and I that enjoy it. The boys were at the age where their friends and girlfriends were more interesting than staying with us. Besides they don't call the Montana camping. Now one is married and living in Columbus Ohio and the other is at the University of Toronto so we are empty nesters.

We've been kicking the tires on some other makes (blasphmy I know)but will end up with a Montana again I'm sure. The Carriage and Hitchhiker II lines look really nice to.

We have a couple of months to decide before ordering and Steve I will still be bugging you guys on MOC. This is a great forum with lots of good people and information.