Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2004, 05:25 AM   #1
Montana_916

M.O.C. #916
bike rack for 3400 RL

Our new 3400 RL is in. Still waiting for our F350, diesel, DRW to come in however.
Question. What does one use for a bike back, RV dealer does not have one to sell or knows where you can get one. My THULE dealer does not have one to sell.
Must bring two bikes.
HELP, PLEASE!

Jim

Montana_916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Virgil's comments describe us very well. We've carried these bikes around on a ladder rack for 15 months. They've been off the rack a few times so I could climb the ladder. They've been ridden once. For exercise we prefer to walk.

I like to climb the ladder to check things out and don't like dealing with the bikes to do that. The ladder mount has held up very well. The ladder's mounts to the Montana are very strong. In another thread is my testament to that when I inadvertently "tested" their strength. In any case, we yesterday arrived at a park near our sons. Tomorrow the bikes are going in one of their basements. For those of you who use the bikes or want to carry them anyhow, we've had zero trouble toting the two adult cheapo (meaning heavy) mountain bikes on a ladder mount all over this country including some very harsh roads.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote