Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Starter Package?

I will be picking up my new Monty at a dealer 150 miles away and plan to spend 2 nights at an RV resort only 8 miles from the dealer (included in the price of the unit). We are trying to decide what all to take with us for the trip. My 17foot travel trailer came with a starter kit that included: sewer hose, fresh water hose, chemicals and wheel blocks. Do new Montanas come with something similar or is it a dealer to dealer kind of a thing?

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
It really depends on your dealer but you'll probably get a cheap sewer hose that you need to toss unless you're desperate and have nothing else. I'm not sure what else we got, not all that much that I can remember.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
It is all up to dealers what you might get. We got a gift certificate from our dealer to use in their store. The start up packages are usually of lesser quality merchandise, whereas having a gift certificate you can select what you want or need. We used ours to get a good quality drain hose and had everything else from previous RV. Congratulations on the new Monty, it will be a huge difference from a 17"tt
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
I picked mine up last sat. in Fountain Valley.It had the most comprehensive kit I've seen come with a unit.If its like mine, you'll be ok.It didn't come with the tv cable,or phone cable.BE SURE to try the microwave, and convection, ,mine is not right, and check the entertainment center very closely.PM me if I can be of any help.Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
We also got a gift certificate from our dealer on both purchases. Agree with Nailbender, probably a better idea than getting what dealer hands out in merchandise. Since you have a unit already, you already know a lot of what you may desire to add to your new rig.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Mine came with two sections of cheap sewer hose, nothing else. I bought a water pressure regulator, and a screen for the heater vent to keep the mud daubers out, which they installed for me. Oh, bothe propane bottles were full.
I'm not knocking my dealer, they are the greatest.

On Edit - I forgot about the 50 amp anaconda ( as some lovingly call it ), and enough adapters to go from there to a 20 amp duplex outlet.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ours came with a cheap sewer hose, a roll of TP, a cheap water hose, a plastic Y water facuet, connections for the sewer hose, a 30 amp converter plug and something else was in the box that I don't remember. Since we were upgrading from a previous 5er, none of it got used.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Looks like a mixed bag for everybody. Ours came with the 50A cord that took two men and a boy to uncoil, and a cheap sewer hose. A trip to CW might be a good place to start if you have one nearby.

A 25' potable water hose
a 25' gray water hose for tank flush
2 lengths of sewer hose that connect as 1 or both (fittings)
30A to 50A adapter
20A to 30A adapter
water regulator
90 degree water inlet.
Wheel chocks

These were what I remember as the first needed.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:30 AM   #9
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Lets see, a starter package should have a pressure regulator, sewer hose WITH COUPLINGS, roll of bathroom tissue, tank chemicals, torpedo level, full propane tanks, water hose and a 30A to 20A adapter for plugging your rig into your home for loading.

A good dealer will provide this as a MINIMUM which you will, of course, augment over time with water splitters, spare water tank anode, rubber patch kit, electrical repair kit, first aid kit, tool box, sockets for the wheel's lug nuts and tank anode not included in a standard toolbox, boards for leveling, bigger level, landing pads for your stabilizers, etc.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:51 AM   #10
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Also, when you do your PDI and see what they do give you, if you notice something missing that you would like to get, ask them. We got them to throw in a 50 to 30 amp adapter cord, a nylon lub disk for the hitch pin, a Trailer Life RV park and campground directory, & extra stabalizer wrench. On my motorhome, which came with and extensive package, I asked for and received a 25' TV cable, and a 25' phone cable. It doesn't hurt to ask.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Fraser Way in Delta BC treated me very well. They matched the Costco Price I had been given at
a Washington State dealer. I had not negotiated any after market stuff and they gave me two good batteries, both in battery boxes , both vented outside. They gave me a very heavy duty sewer hose,
a water hose, and a brass pressure regulator, all premium grade stuff.
Also, we noticed a small flaw in one of the cultured granite cutting boards. The Saleman said they were going to order me a new one for free. We said, we would keep the cutting board if they put vent covers on for free. Done.

I would but another RV from Fraserway Delta in a heartbeat. They have an Aldergrove Dealership too. I like delta better.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #12
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

Ours came with a cheap sewer hose, a roll of TP, a cheap water hose, a plastic Y water facuet, connections for the sewer hose, a 30 amp converter plug and something else was in the box that I don't remember. Since we were upgrading from a previous 5er, none of it got used.
Happy trails........................
Ours came with almost the same things...I think we got a 25' white hose also.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #13
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Thanks All,

I am just trying to keep down the amount of stuff I take in the truck to pickup the Monty and get through the first few nights. We live only 15 miles from a Camping World and we will be keeping the Monty at a storage yard only a mile from there. So it will be easy to stock up once we get home.

PS Father-in-law is doing much better but, naturally now mother-in-law as bronchitis.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote