Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Bittersweet sale

Well, we sold the Prowler today, and I have to confess that it caused a bit of a lump in the throat as we made some wonderful memories in that unit.

A lady who is going to build a house is going to live in it for some time, so I towed it out to some friends of hers where she is going to live in it in the meantime. I AM worried about her though as she is rather naive about campers and I am unsure she is going to have a way to connect it to a septic tank. That could be problematic for her as I explained as I was going over the details of the camper and then setting it up for her. Still, I pray it works as well for her as it did for us. She seems to feel that the Lord will provide, and I cannot argue with that.

John was rather sad as well. He loves his cats, and that was his Cat Prowler, as he called it.

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Wordsmith, I can relate to feeling sad that something that you loved is going on to be with someone else. I felt that way when we sold our 40 ft Teton park model and moved into our Montana, We lived in it for15 years. We have been in our Montana for almost 2 years now and I have to say I could not be happier.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
PrariePoodle, you are so right. At least the Montana is there and we have already been adding to our collection of memories!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
John and Marsha, look at it like this. Maybe she will enjoy it so much that she will become an RVer.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Time to start new memories.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Memories are OK they never go away, they will always be fresh and keeping the old Prowler new looking. Like Walter said "Time to start new memories " with your new home.

I'm sure that the new owner will do there best to take care of the old Prowler. and have all kinds of new experrances.

TT2
Old 08-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
It is hard to part with an old friend. We have kept a log of every camping trip we have been on since we started camping. So we can go back over them and remember the different campers and trailers we have owned. The memories are great.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #8
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Often material things are hard to give up and you feel sad at the time but memories last a lifetime and that is what really count. This is especially true for us as our parents are passing on but the memories are cherished forever, memories can never be taken away. I am sure the new owner will be very kind to that old Prowler.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yes, memories. Sometimes I'll just go back over Vicki's postcards she began when we began fulltiming. Those bring up many fond memories, including events and sights I'd forgotten about. Memories warm the heart.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Actually, it is not time to start new memories as those have already begun with the Montana, but I follow what you mean.

In truth, the Montana is already the home of some memories that will always be special to our hearts. Marsha and I have had cats ever since we married, having as many as four in the house at one time. She never wanted to take them with us, but at the first of July, we camp back from Moccasin Creek SP to find that our 15 year old cat, Dirk, was not doing well. After taking him to the vet, it was looking like he might have been a diabetic. The vet got him regulated but suggested that the next time we went camping to either take him with us or leave him there. We decided to take him in the Montana, but were worried as he was always a shy cat who did not take well to change. Still, he took to the Montana excellently, ate well, which he had not been doing, and began acting like himself again. We thought we had a new traveling companion for the rest of his life.

Since returning, however, his appetite waned again and when we took him back to the vet this week, it was pretty obvious he was diabetic, so we were preparing to use insulin shots twice a day, but when we brought him home yesterday, he went down quickly, and this morning the vet said his kidneys were failing and the liver was not looking good. We lost him this morning, but like many of you said, the memories are there, and some of the last, happier moments will be him looking out the window from the Montana or plowing under the covers between Marsha and I.

Like you said, Steve, it is those memories that warm the heart.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our Ever faithful Terry TT has seen its last trip.It is officially up for sale and already has 3 folks interested.Had it for 10 years, lot of trips lot of miles but the old goes out , the new comes in.We are now 14 Months from Helen's retirement and 6 or 7 months from the new Montana.The Terry will remain in photos like the Coachman, Coleman, jayco,HiLo,Holiday Rambler.Been taking stuff out of it all day and have not made a dent.The Terry was "ever faithful" The Montana will have big shoes to fill.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
J.D. and Marsha
I am so sorry to hear about Dirk. I know how hard it is to loose a pet. We lost our little Danny 2 years ago - he was 15. My heart aches for you.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:23 AM   #13
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thanks, Sue, for your thoughts. It is never easy to lose a pet, because, as anyone who has one already knows, they are not just pets--they are part of the family. Dirk was a large part of ours!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
JD, Marsha, and John, Vicki and I are very sorry to hear about your loss. When our daughter was in grade school she wanted a kitten. We finally relented and "adopted" a very young one. She named her "Harriet Phoebe" and we called her "Hari". We lost her at 17 after she became very feeble. We occasionally let her outside in those last days but she stayed in our yard. Except the last time when she went to sleep under the wheel of a neighbor's car. It was very tough, so we know how difficult this is for you. We have many fond memories of Hari as I'm sure you do of Dirk.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:14 AM   #15
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thanks, Steve. If there is any silver lining to this, it is that I believe Marsha proved to herself that we actually can camp with a cat. I knew we could as when I grew up, we had a cat that we took with us--she reached the ripe old age of 19, but I think Marsha was concerned about John not closing the door or one of the cats sneaking past us. Certainly, the space in the Montana makes this even easier. We still have our youngest cat, and I firmly intend to take him with us on the next trip.