Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Thanks to all

Hello Everyone,

I just want to let everyone out there know how much I appreciate there comments and this web site. Without this I would be lost. I have owned my 5er 4 years now and consider myself a pro, I can even give advice now. All because of this web site.
2 years ago I planning a long trip west all through the mountains and was scared to death something would go wrong. I had never pulled a rig this big that far before. When ever I thought about it my stomach would get upset. Several times I almost cancilled the trip. So many people came back and assured me things would be fine, and they were, the trip was great.
I don't think you people on this site relize how many times you ease the pain of some Montana owner with problems.
Anything I wanted to know in regards to traveling, mechanical problems, a good place to visit, someone came back to help me out, some even went overboard by giving me there phone number or email address to speak to them personally. Thanks to all and especially the one's who monitor and keep this site together.

God Bless,

Bill

Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What a nice post. And, you know, you have been a big part of helping me and others in this forum. You, in other words, are a part of why this is a great place. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
You express my feelings. We are picking up our new Montana a week from tomorrow May 20, 2005. I to would have felt lost without the MOC. The extend of our rving is a popup tent camper. My wife and I really appreciate all your kind answers to our newbie quesions. Someday I want to be able to help other new Montana Owners. From my wife Nancy and myself, THANK YOU ALL!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Appreciation is always in style. Let me add mine to yours. Thank you for starting this thread. I, too, find this site and the posters here to be inordinately valuable. That's why I visit the site just about every day for a few minutes at least.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Thanks for your post, we also love this forum. We can ask anything and someone will give us the answer or direction to find it. The members here are an extended family to us. Thank you all for being here.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Bill, you took the words I have been feeling right out of my mouth! Very well said! Making the change from a TT to a 5er has not always been easy, and I have so much more to learn. When backing became our personal nemesis, the people here volunteered constructive ideas and support. When I asked for input on using a sattelite dish, people came through again with comments here in the forum, private messages, and wonderfully detailed e-mails with pictures, all of which were so generous, especially when you consider how challenged I am when it comes to things sattelite related.

This has become a community that I love to visit, witnessed, I suppose, by the number of posts I am accumulating. You are a caring and helpful group of people. The icing on the cake is even going the extra distance by meeting people like Steve and Vicki last month and David and Shirley (padredw) this weekend. I am truly humbled by this group!

By the way, Vicki, I still owe you some pics from the Tour de Georgia and of John with Bill Elliott!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:33 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Nice comments, Bill and Rita. Let's spread the word! There are a lot of people in Montanas who know nothing about the forum and some are very experienced owners. Others are very new and probably have lots of questions. When we met with Steve and Vicki this week we exchanged "business cards", complete with the address of this forum. If more of us do this, as well as passing them out to new people we meet, we'll get more people to join the forum and we'll all benefit.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Well said. I have met several MOC members & they are great. Looking forward to meeting more.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:20 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
it doesn't matter how long you've been doing it, at some point we all have questions...and that why I too love this site!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:20 AM   #10
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
I work for a lerge defense contractor. Previously I worked for a small defense contractor. One of my problems there was there was noone to ask, etc. I was it. Now I can discuss things with other engineers and it really eases my mind as well as prevents me from making some very serious mistakes. So I can say, this forum has really helped.

I am a pretty good engineer and sometimes think I know it all, but asking for and reading others advice, experience, everything, has really helped me as we transition to full time Monty users. The forum is actually a big part of why we bought a Monty.

Just 18 days left and I retire for the second time and we become nomads, our kids are calling us "homeless". We tell them to think of us as turtles. We take our home with us.

Keep up all the good posts.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:17 AM   #11
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We too have found this site so happily addicting and would like to say "thank you" to all of the MOC members for all there great advice and help!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:02 AM   #12
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We also would like to thank everyone. Even though we have camped in everything from a good old tent with a few leaks to the Monty for almost 40 years, we have learned so much from everyone. We have done some of the improvements people have shown (thanks Gruffy & others for the kitchen drawers for the 3670). We have also done a lot of preventive maintenance to hopefully solve any problems before they occur. All this has been done through posts on this forumn. I even learned how to post pictures and other tec stuff (Steve & Glenn). Thanks again to each and everyone.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:29 AM   #13
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Well said Bill!!

Need to add our two cents worth--this is truly a one of a kind place where you can feel comfortable asking a question and knowing that you will get a number of great answers. The willingness of the forum members to share their knowledge is exceptional. The fact that members so obviously care for each other helps to make this a very easy place to share our interest in our Montanas. You may have noticed that we have been among the missing for a few weeks (more on that in a separate post) and the process of catching up on all that has been happening while we were gone only serves to remind us what a special place this is. Thanks to all who share so willingly. Though we have never met any of you yet, we know that we can count you as friends.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think we need to add our Administrators and moderators who work so hard to keep this a good place to be. That has to be a big job. And they do it very well!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We do not have a Montana We will have a fifth wheel by spring 2006.When our choice of fifth wheel was narrowed down to three brands (Montana being number one ) we joined the respective forums to learn from owners how they felt about their Rv's. This Montana forum is the most open of the forums.Here we hear the good and the bad.We came into this forum with the opinion that the Montana was the best bang for our buck that has been weakened a bit but only because all of you are not afraid to share your experiences. We have dropped one of the three brands as not the best bang for our buck (quality).We are going back to the Montana plant the the other brand plant this summer for another look. The single issue is quality..You are all very good salesmen for Montana.We do not hear that enthusiasm on the other forums.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #16
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I have to add my thanks and appreciation for MOC. The Montana is our first 5th wheel and to find a place where folks are so willing to share experiences, both good and bad, has been great. We have learned so much and have used some of the ideas from the forum to improve and modify the Monty.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote