Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2005, 05:24 AM   #1
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Server Downtime this weekend

Notice from ForumCo on our recent downtime.

Quote:
quote:Server Downtime 24/04/2005
Posted - 04/25/2005 : 11:03:16

The database server went down at 6am Sunday 24th April 2005 while backing up all forums due to insufficient memory. The server was unreachable until about an hour ago when normal service was resumed and was due to extremely high traffic at a time that it normally off-peak. We are investigating the possibility that it was a co-ordinated effort (Distributed Denial of Service Attack) to bring our servers down in response to action we took against the illegal use of our services earlier in the week.

There will probably be two short periods of downtime during non-peak periods in the coming days in order to carry out maintenance and hopefully prevent further attacks. If downtime can be avoided it will be.

I would like to unreservedly apologise to all of our users for the downtime and would like to assure everyone that we are doing everything possible to prevent further downtime from happening again.

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
And all this time I thought Mr. Reigle had overloaded the circutry with too manny posts!!!
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
BOB!! BOB!! BOB!!

Too funny!

So, seriously, we were hacked??? Bummer!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
I'm glad they're keeping us posted, but did I miss something? How can we let them know it's not working if it's not working?
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:11 AM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Hi Bill,
You can go to ForumCo.com and go to their support forum. I could not get to their forum either. The alternative is to send them email and they do have a link posted. The problem is that if folks send in a lot of questions then it takes them away from fixing the problem. But it sure would be nice to have some sort of info sent out to the many users. Thank goodness we don't have too much down time. Let us hope they've protected the system a little bit better if indeed it was a "hack" attack.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote