Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2005, 02:00 AM   #1
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
I Bought a Generator

After much gnashing of teeth and research, local and Internet surfing, I decided to buy this generator, A Generac 7700 for $749.00. I think during power outages I can run all my Monty, my well pump and house refrigerator circuit with this unit. It weighs 119 pounds, but is on wheels. I do plan to build a permanent shed with sound proofing.

Technical data

Engine type: Generac-Nagano
Bore by stroke: 2.95 by 1.93 in.
Displacement: 216-1/2 cc
Horsepower: 7.8
Max power output (watts): 5,000
Starting system: Recoil
Fuel type: Unleaded
Fuel-tank capacity: 4 gal.
Lubrication system: Pressure
Continuous run time at half load: 13 hrs.
Oil capacity: 29-1/2 oz.
Noise rating: 72 db
Country of manufacture: USA
Also included: N/A
Noise suppression exhaust: Yes
Electric start: No
Auto idle control: Yes
Built-it GFI: No
Brushless alternator: No
Low-oil shutoff: Yes
Auto decompression: Yes
Antivibration mounting: Yes
Other features: N/A
Length: 24 in.
Width: 16 in.
Height: 20 in.
Weight: 119 lbs.
Shipping weight: 130 lbs.
Product: 2-year limited
Service: 2 years

A reliable generator is essential gear for contractors, but it's also important for home owners, campers, RV enthusiasts and others who may face planned or unplanned power needs. The Generac 9777 4,000 watt extended-life generator is just such a tool. The generator is ideally suited for either occasional or everyday use. A rugged, 7.8-horsepower overhead valve industrial engine provides 4,000 watts of reliable electricity and up to 13.5 hours of use on a single four-gallon tank of fuel. The unit is versatile and easy to use, with two 20 amp 120V power outlets, one full-power 30 amp 120V twist lock outlet, and one full-power 20 amp 120/240V twist lock outlet. It also comes with charger cables for recharging 12V batteries. The engine runs quietly and is designed with several added smart features, including an oversized dual element air filter, an automotive-style oil filter, and full-pressure lubrication. It also features a pressurized low oil shutdown system, automatic idle control, and a power surge alternator that protects against power fluctuations when starting and operating several motor-driven items at the same time. --Carl Thress

From the Manufacturer
Our best selling premium extended life generator. The 4000XL is powered by a 7.8 HP Generac overhead valve industrial engine. Our unique pressurized lubrication system uses automotive technology to increase the life of the generator beyond that of the imports. If noise is a concern, our ultra-quiet oversized muffler and air intake silencers reduce noise levels to conversation level. Fuel efficiency is industry leading at 13.5 hours of continuous run time on a 4 gallon tank. Other premium features include 12-volt charging with cables included, idle control and auto-voltage regulation for safe use with computers and other sensitive electronics. The generator panel offers two 20 amp 120-volt outlets, a single full power 30 amp 120-volt twist lock outlet and a single full power 20 amp 120/240-volt twist lock outlet which are all fully protected against overload by circuit breakers. Backed by a two year warranty. Includes wheel kit, storage cover, and replacement oil filter.

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:49 AM   #2
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
It should ... depending on the pump.... my 10hp lincoln gives a big puff of black smoke when the pump cuts in but runs it well after the start.

Mine lives in a 6x6 building but needs big holes in the wall to let in air to cool the system... gets real hot in the summer. A pair of ear muffs for the person doing the care and feeding would be a good investment. My last set of hearing aids was over $5000.00
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:10 AM   #3
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
I know what you mean about the hearing aids Gruffy, I just spent $3,800 for a pair. Good idea about the ear muffs and I will be sure and wear them. Thanks.
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:15 AM   #4
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
I always tell people the wife wore them out... but I guess it was 35 years in heavy industry.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote