Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
First stay in 3400rl

Carol and I just returned from Panama City Fl. We have waited for the finish of two Hurricanes in Bonnie and Ivan. Our Monty 3400 survived both with out a scratch. It is parked one street from the Bay. We are so thankful. We spent about 3-days solving all the mysteries. Like the switch for hot water. Wall plugs not working cable TV not hooked to the correct terminal. Etc. All in all we are very happy. Our DVD doesn’t play cheep DVD’s. I think that is a problem with some players will play all types. We had to replace our bed cover and pillow. The shower is leaking in the lower level by the door frame. We love the unit and our location is minutes from the gulf. Carol brought home two bags of sea shells. We can't wait to return in Oct.

pound99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
How exciting for you! I bet you can't wait to go back and spend more time in it. Welcome and I am glad that your Montana escaped the hurricanes so far and here's to wishing it escapes any others!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
How does your DVD player know how much you paid for the movies?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Pound99,
Congrats on your new 3400RL. I am sorry to hear that you had some problems on your first outing. Hopefully all is fixed and ready for the next visit. Also glad to hear you have made it through the previous two hurricanes. Keep us updated on how things are coming along for you.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #5
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Congrats on the new 5er and sounds like you have had a few problems but nothing too serious. I hope you can get them fixed quickly. Seems the DVD issue is quite common across the board on the factory installed DVD units. We didn't get surround sound with ours and after hearing about the crappy unit's I'm glad. Why did you have to replace the bedding and pillow? "We had to replace our bed cover and pillow"
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #6
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
Great unit. We love ours.
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:12 AM   #7
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

How does your DVD player know how much you paid for the movies?
We do have some DVD's working, but the bargain special won't load or will load stopping during the play. Nothing will reset the DVD player.
My dealer will replace the unit, but before he installs the new one I want to test the new unit with my cheap DVD's.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #8
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melissa and Mike S

Congrats on the new 5er and sounds like you have had a few problems but nothing too serious. I hope you can get them fixed quickly. Seems the DVD issue is quite common across the board on the factory installed DVD units. We didn't get surround sound with ours and after hearing about the crappy unit's I'm glad. Why did you have to replace the bedding and pillow? "We had to replace our bed cover and pillow"
We love the surround sound when it’s working. The speakers are placed in the living room and the bedroom has stereo speakers in the ceiling with a switch shut off option.
We bought our unit new from the dealers lot. Our options were chosen for us.

Our bedspread had a small tear on the back side. The pillow was soiled and had a rip in the seam.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:10 AM   #9
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Quote:
quote:
Our bedspread had a small tear on the back side. The pillow was soiled and had a rip in the seam.
I hope you were discounted or reimbursed for new linens.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote