Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad to hear the new rig is a good one, Glenn. We're also very pleased with ours. We had a few more minor things wrong than you did but they're still just minor.

As for cabinets, we have lots and lots of those but we still have just a little space left over. But, then, we moved from a 3295RK, which has the most interior storage of any Montana, or did in the 2003 model when they still had the big curio cabinet. Still, we got it all in the new one with a little bit of space left over. I guess this is why we scale at 14,620!

Have you put the loaded rig on a scale yet?

--on edit-- Vicki pointed out to me that you have said you don't cook in the Montana, you eat out. We carry a lot of food in cabinets, so that's probably part of our extra weight that you don't have.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glenn and Lorraine -

Congratulations on the new Montana. I know you will have a lot of great times in the new rig. Besides being supported by a great company, each Montana comes with access to the Montana Owners Club. Like they say in the commercial - Montana - $$$$$.$$, MOC - Priceless. Best of luck and hope to see you this fall.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #23
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Have had mine since may05. very little trouble. (converter went out)warranty item and rerouted all the 110 volts wires they had bundled on top of it. Hydraulic pump/reservoir leak (happened during winter storage). Also screw under bedroom slide was striped and backed out damaging the protective under panel. and two screws in overhead cabinet door over dinning loose oh and the globe on the ceiling fan screws loose used locktite (blue) that was two years ago. Am very happy.
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ken..Looks like we have he same issue with our bedroom slide on our 3400.Which screw is backing out. On ours (looking at it) it would be the far left screw (the first one)Our dealer tightened it down once but it is back out so I am guessing it is stripped.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #25
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Rich
The same screw; add it the the service center list Only real fix is for slide to come out and that whole support strip those screws hold down is redone. Watch it close as it can gouge that under slide panel all the way thru. I watched the repair done here on mine. wish I could have done the repair center as I am sure the inside trim replacement would have been better. Hmm Rich the screw I am taking about is just inside behind the weather strip. it backs out (up) scratching/gouging that black piece under the slide its self. (that hard black exterior covering)
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ken..Same screw, same problem.When on the factory tour at the rally I looked at one with the slide not yet installed and you describe the issue correctly. It is on the repair list.Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #27
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Glenn and Lorraine,

We're so happy that you are having a great experience with your new home, we love our ’06. It is nice to hear compliments about our homes. The negatives can sometimes give the wrong “over-all” impression about our Montanas.

We did lots of research before buying a Montana. We retired to the Montana last October, and had never lived in a 5th-wheel, or any other kind of RV for that matter. Our experience with the Montana has been great. We love the floor plan, the size and just the way it fits our new lifestyle. Every day we see different people and wonder why they don’t own a Montana, their life would be so much easier. Guess not everyone can be lucky like us.

When we moved in, we thought that everything would not fit, but it did all fit, and we have extra room even now. We will be hitting the home base storage unit in a couple of months, and we will be getting rid of more stuff! We're probably going to have to slow down on getting rid of stuff, might need the extra weight for any crosswinds.

Living and traveling in any "box" for extended periods of time has to put a strain on all the mechanical parts. We have had no problems that weren't easily resolved by the dealer or fixed by recommendations from someone on the forum. Heck, we even fixed a few without help!...pretty amazing stuff.

Our biggest problem in most cases has been our 'not knowing’ part. MOC has filled that gap.

Thanks again for the positive report!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are a pair of 3500's parked 3 campers up from me,Both from Illinois, same dealer both with build dates in the same week of August 06. The owners bought them at the same time.I of course always talk To Montana owners..This was their first long trip, both said they had Maybe 1200 miles towing on the camper.We always look around for the "usual suspects" in this case we found the vinyl cable/hose holder that goes in and out with the kitchen slide had already parted on one of the 3500's and his fancy lug nuts were starting to rust...He was not a happy camper.He was thankful for the information and did a temp repair. I did note that his gas line to the fridge had a large loop in it where mine (3400) is routed inside the vinyl holder and factory tie wrapped to the holder. It appeared that the gas line may pinch when the slide goes in?????
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #29
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Glenn, I'm happy to see your report as are many others. We bought our 3255 without checking the MOC site and are very pleased with the unit. Any issue we have had has been a 5 minute fix by me except for a hitch set up issue that was repaired. The point I want to make is that at times when I check this site I can't help but think had I checked it first and read all the nit picking I might have looked else where. I have no complaints with our Montana except its to darn easy to pull to fast. Thanks for the postive report.
SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #30
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Glenn & other fellow MOCers,

Glad you are enjoying your new (and for some, not so new) Montana. We picked ours up in a snow storm on Friday, March 16th, and completed our maiden voyage March 21st-25th. Except for the black tank flush piping leak that caused a minor flood on the last morning, the Monty performed flawlessly. We have an appointment at Beckley's to have this problem fixed on April 6th. This is our second Montana - our first being a 2004 3670RL - and this is the first major issue we have had with either Monty. We'll be fulltiming in less than 3 months and can't wait! See you on the road!

Chris & Dave
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote