Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
dhenry3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18670
In command inop

Help! Just went out to look over some things in our 2017 3710FL and when I went to the IN COMMAND control center, no slides or lights or anything will operate. The voltage displayed is 13.5. All other manual 12v and 110v systems work. Any ideas? How can one override the control center to get the slides out?

dhenry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Do you have it paired to your phone?? You may can do it that way. If not, then go to the basement and remove the cover of the system on the back wall. Inside there are switches that can manually be used to control everything on the unit. ALSO, try powering it off and restarting it.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
More likely a pairing problem... check you manual on how to set it up. I just had to replace my motherboard in my 3440 as it went belly up.. lucky under waranty.
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
The first thing I would recommend to anyone is to pair the unit to your phone that will hopefully give us a sort of backup to the main touch pad.

So far with ours being winter here the main control panel does not seem to respond to the touch of our fingers when it is cold and damp and no heat on in the unit.

I use my on person phone virtually all the time to roll out the slides and turn lights on. Might be different once spring arrives and we get camping, one shall see.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarMar View Post
The first thing I would recommend to anyone is to pair the unit to your phone that will hopefully give us a sort of backup to the main touch pad.

So far with ours being winter here the main control panel does not seem to respond to the touch of our fingers when it is cold and damp and no heat on in the unit.

I use my on person phone virtually all the time to roll out the slides and turn lights on. Might be different once spring arrives and we get camping, one shall see.
Just remember, if the unit is moved, you will have to turn off the TRAVEL LOCK with the pad before your phones will work...that is a downside to the system, but I'm sure it has saved some people who've had things move in the unit.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
Just remember, if the unit is moved, you will have to turn off the TRAVEL LOCK with the pad before your phones will work...that is a downside to the system, but I'm sure it has saved some people who've had things move in the unit.
I read a post on Irv2 from a Jensen rep that said once you arrive at your campsite and disconnect from the tow vehicle the In-Command system will revert to the unlocked status but I am not sure if one still needs to press the unlock on the control module before the phones will operate the system.

I have not tried this and it would be nice to have it confirmed by someone actually using the system as we are eagerly awaiting spring up here in Manitoba.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Ours never has. We have to press the TRAVEL UNLOCK each time the unit is onhooked or we go inside to use the bathroom while traveling. Haven't found a setting to turn that off yet, if I can.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
dhenry3
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18670
Talking

Thanks for all the tips. I shut the whole thing down and re started. It works now but it keeps stopping when putting the slides out. Seems that id I have any other load on such as lights, it stops and has to re connect with BCM. If I leave all other accy. off while operating the slides, it seems a lot better. The hyd. slides draw the most and kick it out the most. The electric slides seem to keep going longer. I have to wonder if there is something like a higher draw causing the unit to disconnect from the BCM? Any thoughts. Never had an issue until we stored it for the winter.

dhenry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #9
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry3 View Post
Thanks for all the tips. I shut the whole thing down and re started. It works now but it keeps stopping when putting the slides out. Seems that id I have any other load on such as lights, it stops and has to re connect with BCM. If I leave all other accy. off while operating the slides, it seems a lot better. The hyd. slides draw the most and kick it out the most. The electric slides seem to keep going longer. I have to wonder if there is something like a higher draw causing the unit to disconnect from the BCM? Any thoughts. Never had an issue until we stored it for the winter.
You may have a bad motherboard like I did. Mine started stopping just a few times then progressed to 14-16 times each way. Before we think that though, check and make sure that you battery is fully charged and putting out good voltage.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #10
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry3 View Post
Same symptoms as mine.....MOTHERBOARD....... seems to be the culprit for the majority of this symptom, it seems..
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote