Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Big Sky 378, Report From Jan Kelpe, Photos too

Jan saw the 378 Big Sky today at the Tampa RV Show. As some of you know, it was rather late in arrival and last I heard, it was outside in the campground area.

ANYWHOOO, Jan got to see it, and wrote a report on FaceBook about it, but asked me to edit it a bit and post here FOR HER! She seems to be having connectivity issues and auto correct issues with the Android. I know those issues well. LOL

SOOO, here is what I think is the edited version, for the most part. [s]There was one little part that I still did not quite understand, so, for now, I will leave it out and come back and fix later.[/s] Now edited.

THANK YOU JAN for the report:

There is a kitchen drawer, is very nice and deep. In on the top are divisions for silverware which slides back so you can get down underneath it for the stuff you have in the bottom of the drawer. That new kitchen drawer is quite nice for large utensils and such. The appliances are stainless steel.

Lot of nice cupboard space. There is LED lighting around the bottom of the kitchen cupboard.

There is a bench in the bedroom now that's like a cedar chest. The chest/bench is a padded seat.

The configuration of the bedroom closets a little bit different. Other than that it's about the same.

There are wooden strips across the ceiling in the top of the ceiling instead of the white strips on the ceiling.

They have crown molding around the top of the glass doors, which are just a frosted glass, not the ones with the four sections like they had now.

The dining room table is mounted on the wall so it has no pedestals or any kind of legs underneath. It slides to the side so that you can have extensions on both ends of it so it makes a real long table, but it does have to return to sideways when you put slides in.

The paint scheme has maroon red in it looks very nice. There is electric wind up for the cord.

Oh I forgot there's an awning over the door and then there's one over the slide out so you can watch TV under an awning.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
That sounds nice. You didn't happen to see a new 3725RL at the Tampa show did you?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sounds nice. Also sounds like Keystone took a few items from Thor that they are using in the Redwood. Will be nice to see a new Big Sky in person for sure.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I do not remember seeing that 3725, Sorry.

We saw a 3610, a 3582 and a 3735. Those were the ones we spent the most time in (CountryGuy and moi). I believe they said the 3610 starts production at the end of this month.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
Thank you very much for your report.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for the info, I'm also looking forward to seeing one in person.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
I was able to down load a picture from Lazy Days RV. http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/ga...ers%20Luncheon
Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Thanks for the pic, showed it to DW and we both reached the same conclusion. If this is the new exterior color scheme, we are extremely happy that we got our Big Sky when we did. There is nothing that Montana can do to the interior that could get us past that new exterior color scheme. As with anything, personal preferences and appreciation greatly varies, but we agree that we like our Black and Gray exterior exponentially more than the new colors. As always, just my opinion.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
That photo makes it look similar to paint on so many Motorhomes we see. Interesting.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
There are still three colors available on the new Big Sky, Black and gray and black and tan and black and burgundy with the new Big Sky interior.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ramblin Roadrunners

There are still three colors available on the new Big Sky, Black and gray and black and tan and black and burgundy with the new Big Sky interior.
A wise decision on their part, of course we may be a little biased!! So if I understand correctly, there are only select floorplans that are available in the "new" Big Sky. Does this mean that the 3850FL Big Sky that we purchased could possibly become a "classic" that will accompany our "classic" bow tie TV?? That may be a good thing in terms of depreciation, if it holds value as well as our truck? I guess I can dream anyway!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
The Big Sky as I understand it has only 2 models now with 2 more to be added soon. My info is coming from talking to Montana reps Mark and Arron. Keystone had 2 pages of info on their website under Montana for about a week. It has been taken down. Not sure about the FL. Time will tell. Your model is far too popular for them to not offer. Aaron said they are going to tweak the Big Sky models a little.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bingo-- Montana has two floor plans so far that they will be starting with and there are also plans of coming out with at least two more floor plans or possibly more.

Personally, I think the burgundy takes a little bit away from the unit and it makes it look like a Redwood somewhat! JMHO
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #14
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Since we are considering moving up to a new Montana 3725, what is the difference if it is a Big Sky? Are their dark exteriors still decals? I was unable to determine much about the package from the Keystone website.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 AM   #15
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
One huge difference in the Big Sky is that it is full body paint, except for the words Big Sky (or that was true last time I saw one in person), which were decals, and may still be.

There were 4 or 5 differences, I will leave the rest to others that have more specific info.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:40 AM   #16
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Joe - For starters, Big Sky package comes w/full body paint, G614 tires, and Level Up system. Maybe some other things, but that's what I remember.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:18 AM   #17
Bigsky3625RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12815
I am glad we got our Big Sky when we did as well. That new paint scheme with burgandy does make it look like a Redwood.
Bigsky3625RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we understood that you will be able to get the Big Sky package on the Montana's for about another month and then the Big Sky will be a separate entity--they built a new factory for BIG SKY production and Mark Kroll said they would be making 1 or 2 a day. right now they have 2 floor plans, the one they had in Tampa was 378RL and the other one they will have now is the 382RL (it appears to be like the 3402. the sofa is now in the back window and there is theater seating instead of the separate chairs. later they will be adding two more floor plans. the Big Sky will also have a dishwasher but it seems that they may make that an option.

I am sure that Carol will be able to add a lot more after she sees it and I bet she will be smart enough to take pics THANKS carol for posting for me

we found out the 3150 will now be the 3155 and now can have the 4 door refer. Mike Mack said the floor plan should be on the website in 1 to 2 weeks.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Quote:

Whew, that makes me happy! I'm still waiting to see what arrives next month. There seems to be very little communication between Montana and my dealer. We ordered the black and tan and seem to have no idea what's going to show up.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Quote:

A wise decision on their part, of course we may be a little biased!! So if I understand correctly, there are only select floorplans that are available in the "new" Big Sky. Does this mean that the 3850FL Big Sky that we purchased could possibly become a "classic" that will accompany our "classic" bow tie TV?? That may be a good thing in terms of depreciation, if it holds value as well as our truck? I guess I can dream anyway!!
Bingo
I agree, and that would make my yet-to-be-deliverd 3100 a mini classic!
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote