Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
sheet metal panels

Hi This is a refresher from last Dec 2011. I contacted an RV dealer in my area(Lynnwood Wa.) they said they could get the sheet meatal from Keystone. the first panel was the wrong size. So they sent it back and ordered again. That has been since the first week of Jan 2012 and as of this date 2/26/12 I still haven't seen the panel. I call a couple of times this month but still nothing. I plan on calling Keystone tommarow to see if I can find out anything about my problems. Is there anything else you can suggest that might help. The weather is getting a little better and I would like to get the panel on before the spring season. Thanks for you time.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I would contact Keystone directly, give them the trailer's VIN, then probably increase the odds you get the right part. Then see the dealer or someone for the actual body work. This should minimize a lot of the go-between issues that can be prevalent with trailer repairs.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
When I needed parts for my trailer I called Keystone Customer Service directly to have them look up the part numbers for my unit. Then I called a Montana Dealer located close to the factory to order the parts for me as Keystone will not ship directly to the customer. I believe the dealers name was Tiara, maybe someone can verify this. The girl in the parts department was very helpful and told me they do that all the time. They shipped it directly to my door, I did have to pay the shipping. You will have to make sure you do have the right part number as I am not sure how the return process works as I did not have to return anything.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Thanks Art and Keith. I called Keystone and they had no order from the Dealership that I had contacted, only showed the wrong panel ordered. Keystone gave me a name of a dealership that they like to work with back east. I called and cancelled the order from the Dealerhip here in Washington State. I have started doing the work on the Panel bought body tools from Harbour freight. I am sure I can make it look reasonable good, won't be perfect but I can live with it. I then can use the Insurance money for New tires still have Missions on for almost five years now and have not had any problems with them. Thanks again.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
randye,
We too live in western Washinton. Whe was the dealer? Tacoma RV?
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote