Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #41
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
We bought our first 5ver new SOB in 06 and just bought our first Monty 3611RL in Aug. Nothing really wrong with sob except BDRoom A/C took a hike and that was enough of an excuse for us to trade. Caught a great close-out sale and got a decent price on trade-in. Couldn't have come at a better time. Hoping this one lasts as long as SOB. From what you guys are saying about Montanas I'm sure we made the right decision.

6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:21 AM   #42
trustymopars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10812
We had our 3465 for five years. I'm retiring this summer, and plan to spend a lot of time on the road in the 3611, but since $$$ won't be the same, it will last a LOOONG time, hopefully. I can't think of anything that would be nicer on anew unit, that this one doesn't have. But, that's why Keystone keeps making upgrades!
trustymopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:22 AM   #43
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
We have enjoyed our 3665RE for 6 years and as appealing as the new ones might be (especially the new front kitchen model) we are gonna stay with ours for a few more years...planning to retire in spring of 2018...got a new truck for the future and will wait to see on a new Monty....
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:47 AM   #44
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
We purchased our 2007 3475 used (on EBay) in '09. I have fixed or upgraded until it is the way I like it. It has been the best purchase I have ever made. We spend 5 months in it every winter. I look at new ones but don't like the thought of payments. If it ain't broke why fix it? Unless a real good deal come along I expect to get another 5 years or so in this one.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #45
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
We have had our 2014 3582RL for about 1 1/2 years. We finally found the floor plan that both my wife and I are really happy with. It has all of the features that I wanted that my other RV did not have. Automatic 6 point levelers, electric awning and 2 air conditioners. I plan on keeping it for as long as I feel comfortable RVing with a 5th wheel and the set up. After that I am hoping that we will continue to RV but we will probably downsize to a motorhome.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #46
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
We're passively looking for a new model, but at this point haven't quite found the right floor plan to wrap our arms around. We have a 2013 Monty, and yes we've had some minor issues, but they were resolved. We live in our Monty for 5 consecutive months in a gated RV resort in Ft. Myers and it's holding up remarkably well. There are an endless number of other brands here, some wholesaling well into 6 figures, but also weighing significantly more, so you need to factor in your vehicle's towing capacity. (I don't want to buy a dually). We've heard from a numerous owners of other brands, about all the problems they've faced, ranging from faulty roofs or slide outs where there was a moisture or mechanical issue, all the way to cosmetic defects. I know Montana isn't immune to having these types of problems, but the point is, no other brand, despite even paying 2 or 3 times more for them, are without having major problems or warranty issues. That said, we do realize that age becomes a concern when things begin to wear out or simply, just need replacing, so the question becomes, what's the rate of depreciation and life expectancy to help determine when we should sell and buy new and, of course, your financial means? Obviously, much of the answer involves how well things are cared for and what kind of an environments it's been subjected to versus the potential costs to repair/replace something significant. Everyone may and will have a different opinion, but the fact is, I think the Montana is still a great value for the money, it has a great weight to size relationship and, after having seen other 5th's out there, even new ones, I'd be hard pressed to purchase a different brand. I like the spacious arched ceilings, the aluminum frame and some of the new innovative things they've accomplished and are adding. I don't care for the marketing plan of essentially calling the Mountaineer now a Montana and have to ask myself, did that just devaluate my Monty? Still all that said, we're going to strongly consider the Montana Legacy, even though that could be a few years away.

woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:52 AM   #47
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We bought ours a factory order from Mike Thompsons RV in November 2003 so its a 04 in reality. we started our 12th year today, as for buying a new rv is not going to happen, at 72 another payment book is just not in my budget like you I'm in the 60K yearly money bracket as you are.
Our 2004, 2980 RL has been a very reliable rig other than the usual upkeep and maintenance, we don't full time it so its more of a vacation and get out of town home. it beats hotels and motels to pieces, that's why we bought it.
I also often wonder how a person can afford it every 2 to 4 years for a new rv, different income brackets do help and a full timers. the trade in value might be higher but in the long run a person looses in the equity they invested as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #48
tractor
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3421
Love our 05. 3500 rl has never seen a dealer since I picked it up. Probably have 30,000 miles on it.
tractor is offline   Reply With Quote