Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
nowinter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9521
Coax Cable Replacement

We have a 32" Sylvania LCD television in our living room that would usually only receive 50% of the stations compared to our bedroom TV. I checked all the cable connections and found one rather loose but after tightening, I still did not get more stations. I was determined to purchase a new TV and was going over my list of replacement TV's with DW and ready to visit Best Buy when she strongly suggested that I take a better look at the cable connections before spending more money. I removed the 32" Sylvania TV and replaced the splitter and replaced two pieces of supplied coax cables with cables I recently purchased from Radio Shack. Wow, a huge improvement. Now both TV's pick up about the same number of channels. Upon inspecting the Keystone supplied cables, I found their crimping of the connector to the cable was not very well done, infact one was loose. Hope this helps anyone that is having problems with their TV reception.

nowinter is offline   Reply With Quote