Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Medicare Part D

Those of you who have signed up for Part D, how did you choose which plan to enroll in? Checking the comparison chart of the different plans on the medicare web site, the costs of the 3 drugs I take ranged from a low of less than $900 (per year mail order) to over $3,300 depending on the company and plan. It is tempting to just pick the lowest cost plan. But I would not want to enroll in one that may not provide good service. All are rated at least average or above, so I just don't know. Is there any plan you are not happy with? Or have heard of any to avoid?

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
When I first signed up, I looked for which plan included my meds. Then I looked for the best monthly price, the lowest copay, no deductible, and in general the plan with the least out of pocket expense for me. Little did I know that the shopping experience would have to happen every year. Got my renewal from my present supplier for the 2011 year. The cost more than doubled. It is a continuing squeeze from the ins co's. So plan on shopping every year for your best deal for Part D. I found a company/agent that shops these plans for you and of course I purchase the plan from them. This has worked out very well for me.
Good Luck
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
You can go to the Medicare part D website and type in your zip code and all your medications and it will tell you all the plans available in your area, price and copays and your yearly estimated payout. It will give you the cheapest to the most expensive and which drugs it will cover and etc.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
As my present Part D insurer is dropping Part D I am going through the process of finding a new insurer. Did as you did by checking the medicare site. After finding AARP and WPS were the cheapest I then went to my pharmacist and asked his opinion. He said both were good and provide excellant service. Will go with the $140 a year cheaper, AARP. Talk to your pharmacist.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by awaywego

You can go to the Medicare part D website and type in your zip code and all your medications and it will tell you all the plans available in your area, price and copays and your yearly estimated payout. It will give you the cheapest to the most expensive and which drugs it will cover and etc.
This is your best advice because Medicare Part D varies from state to state. Additionally, each carrier offers different coverages. Make a list of the drugs you have scripts for and make sure they are covered by the provider you select.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote