Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What padredw says is food for thought.I always considered the advantage of ordering a camper was that you could order exactly what you wanted and be secure in the knowledge that you would get exactly what you ordered. That may not be the case anymore so we may be better off finding what we want on the dealers lot.We would know what we are getting.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Absolutely there is something in what Dave is saying!

We bought our last one right off the lot after searching Dealer inventories on the internet. Almost did again today but I was a day late on a gelcoated 3475RL in CO with the right color AND with the carpet-wood-counter-fridge I could see right in the pictures. There is no better way to see what you are getting than to stand there looking at it! It might mean a few sacrifices on your wish list, but look what unseen sacrifices you're going to make anyway when it arrives different than you thought! There are some advantages in shopping without loyalty to locale - look out there - huge inventories.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #23
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
At first I did not like the black fridge, but after time it grew on me. I think it is nice, but I would like to see another option. Stainless steel appliances (fridge, microwave, and stove). In my opinion, with the new darker wood being used, the stainless steel would be a nice touch.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #24
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
There is definitely something to be said for being able to buy right off the lot. We have never ordered before and might not ever again. We knew Keystone has the right to make changes during production but I guess we never gave it a lot of thought. Bad on our part. The dealer actually had the unit we wanted, but someone else had already put down a deposit on it before us...literally it had be no more than 30 minutes after we walked in the unit and came out, said we want that one and they said we'll have to order you one as someone else just purchased it. Just my luck.
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 AM   #25
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I know it can be frustrating about the upcoming changes that many of you are getting with your new coach. There are a few things a person can do about it. 1. Not except the coach and give up their deposit. 2. Accept the coach and try to look at all the great things that come along with the coach. 3. Call Keystone Customer Service and "talk" with them about your concerns and unhappiness. I am sure there is going to be changes again to the fridge in the upcoming furture, try to make a deal with Keystone if they go back to the "wood panel" door, see if they will send you the insert as well. Just throwing some ideas out there....
Old 10-25-2006, 09:58 AM   #26
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

I know it can be frustrating about the upcoming changes that many of you are getting with your new coach. There are a few things a person can do about it. 1. Not except the coach and give up their deposit. 2. Accept the coach and try to look at all the great things that come along with the coach. 3. Call Keystone Customer Service and "talk" with them about your concerns and unhappiness. I am sure there is going to be changes again to the fridge in the upcoming furture, try to make a deal with Keystone if they go back to the "wood panel" door, see if they will send you the insert as well. Just throwing some ideas out there....
...and 4. Not accept the coach and get the deposit returned. Did that with a vehicle once, got my deposit back in full.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My deposit on the 3400 was 50.00 and at that time I was prepared to leave it on the dealers lot if I was not completely satisfied. That did not happen. It is not that Montana made changes that is bothersome they make them all the time. I would expect to get exactly what I ordered, camper, truck, new suit, whatever or to be advised that there is a change in my order and give me the option to accept the change or cancel the order. At this point I have no confidence what-so-ever that I would get what I ordered from Montana and I would pass that information along to prospective buyers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #28
bonscott
Established Member

M.O.C. #1097
We have our 3400RL on order, expected in November. We are very disappointed with the black fridge front. Scott emailed keystone with our issue, and with the comment about how it is included in the Value Package, so what are they plans to correct something that we are paying for , but not getting. That was over one week ago, and not a peep from Keystone. Good luck getting any satisfaction from Keystone.

I'm also disappointed that the new CHEAPER darker wood now includes a plain door to the toilet. The models we saw at the dealer had the 6-panel look (in the oak decor). So, a couple of big disapointments for us, but we did still order it.
We are quite excited for the arrival.
bonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #29
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am a bit confused, my water closet door is a plain door. What is this 6 panel door I have heard about over the past few weeks?
Old 10-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #30
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
On ours it has the fancy 6 panel door. It really dresses it up.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #31
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Might this look like the washer/dryer closet door? Mine has louvers instead of a solid door, guess that is progress....
Old 10-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #32
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have a 6 panel door on our 05. It was one of the differences I noticed between the 04 and 05 along with the hardware change and the curve on all the cabinet doors.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:34 AM   #33
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
This whole change in the order issue has me rethinking our decision of going with Keystone and the Montana line. Now we are also hearing that they are coming out with another floor plan and they will be cutting the 3475RL from the line…. The 3475RL is the unit we want to order Jan. 07. With all this it looks like we will have to start looking at other manufactures now. I agree with richfaa, if I order a specific trailer with options then I expect to receive that trailer the way I ordered it. If not I should be given the option to except it or to cancel the order, it’s the right way to do business. I too have no confidence in the ordering process with Keystone now. If we do order a unit from them I will place in the purchase agreement that the unit must be built as ordered or purchase agreement is voided.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:36 AM   #34
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Personally I think that stainless steel appliances would look better than the wood or the black but, I think you are being a little hard on Keystone. I don’t think anyone complained when their new 06 showed up last year unexpectedly with the new hitch mirror or the new radius front cap. At some time in the near future someone is going to pick up their new 07 and find that the old TVs have been replaced with LCD or flat panel models and I don’t think they will complain either.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #35
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
When we purchased our 05 model it showed up with all of the changes for the 06 model.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #36
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
All these changes have to do with Keystone's policy of contiuously updating and changing things rather than like a car when changes only occur during new model years. The problem, it seems to me, is when they make changes that, to our way of thinking, are down grades rather than improvements. The new cap and hitch mirror are viewed as 'improvements', the black refrig is viewed as a 'down grade/cheapening' of the rig.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #37
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Funny how different strokes for different folks seems to apply here. I have to say in my opinion, I hate the mirror in the front end cap. I just dont like the looks of it. Not so sure I would call that an improvement or not. I also dont feel the black fridge makes the coach look cheap, it actually matches the stove/oven and microwave. I would rather see stainless steel appliances, but that is my choice. I can see that the fridge is going to require some cleaning to keep the finger prints off of it, but no more cleaning than the new light color carpet in the entire coach. I went and looked at the new color floor in the kitchen, sure dont like that.

Fire5er,
Might I suggest you wait until Jan to place your order, or at least wait until November when your dealership goes to Lexington, KY for the annual rv show for dealers. Get with them when they come back from the show. Keystone announces all of their changes and new "things" there. Never know, the 3475RL floorplan could show up again.....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #38
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Montana Sky,

We are planing to wait until Jan to make the order, and now with your info we will wait until Nov to send out our bid request to the dealers we have selected. Thanks for the info!! That's why I love this fourm... there's just soooooo much knowladge here!

Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #39
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Karl,
I can tell you from experience that I ordered my coach in Jan of 2004, and when it arrived in April of 2004 it was exactly what I saw at the show.

In my opinion, what I feel is happening here is, the changes for the 2007 line up are coming out now. Of course the country wide rv shows have not happened yet, so many of us would not know about these changes until Jan when we attend our local show. As far as the fridge goes, I bet this change has been in the "works" for a great deal of time now. Has nothing to do with can't match the stain or new color of wood. I am sure Keystone has a contract to buy XXXX number of fridges and would not let a company change the panel because of a change in stain color. This was something that Keystone agreed to.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #40
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
MontanaSky,

As you mentioned - in a way - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife does not like the darker color of the outside graphics - glad here (I like to keep the wife happy) that ours was one of the lighter colored graphics.

I also had things planned on how I was going to store things underneath. I am glad that the basement storage is essentially open all the way across on both sides. The new "centralized" outside convenience center cuts down on the rode side access to underneath - not good for me.

So, things worked out OK for us, but we did not get the Moryde suspension which might have been nice.

Oh well.

Rich, did you ever get some hubcaps?
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote