Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2006, 04:52 AM   #1
leev
Established Member

M.O.C. #6136
Hidden compartment

I just found the additional hidden compartment above the bedroom window frame! Love it! I was impressed with the key, necklace space, but now I'm impressed again with this discovery in our new Montana. Does anyone use the space on both sides of the bed (on the floor) for specific items?

leev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hey leev, isn't it cool, it's kinda like putting on a jacket you haven't worn for a couple of years and finding something in the pocket you thought you had lost. Keep exploring, there's more.

The space by the bed? That's where Bertha hangs out when not in use.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We use the space under the little nightstand shelves for storing things like the space heater, the DirecTV receiver when traveling, the Bose Wave Radio when traveling and anything else that will fit. We have a small wicker hamper that will go on one side when we start full timing. This space is also good for cases of water, soda, wine, whatever. We didn't think of this space in the beginning but after a couple years of use we have utilized it more and more. We don't have the wooden valance so don't have the hidey holes. BooHoo.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We use the space next to the head of the bed for hiking boots, the other for a computer case. We have also hung some canvas shoe holders on the side of the bed which are great places to store small items or your shoes. Beware of shoe pockets that are too small for your shoes.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
Dont forget all the cabinet space and dresser length that you would have to give up to get the new "wooden valance". =)

As for the area along the bed, I keep my boots there. Usually end up putting other items like laptop, space heaters, a coat, small basket, just about anything you can think of. Amazing at how creative one can get when it comes to packing an RV.

Judy,
I like the idea of canvas shoe holders... =) Sounds like a trip to Target is in order.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Bill made me a nice little book case that fits on the side of my bed. I can fit 48 bookes in it and my slippers. He put a little door in front and my daughter painted it and put Angel Decals so I would always sleep next to my Gardian Angel.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have baskets on the floor in that area and use them for books to be read in the future and anything else we want at hand but not on the nightstands.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...tures10107.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...tures10104.jpg
Hi, Leev welcome to MOC, with only 4 posts maybe you haven't found another big space storage in the bedroom. Cut the plywood, hinge it, put on a handle and VOILA!! big space. Just be careful to allow for the bed moving back in when you bring in the slide. Anything between the frame is fine but play around with it before you load it up. I took out the little safe and really hid it. The little top compartment doesn't hold much, but down beside the big hydraulic ram there is lot's of space.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 AM   #9
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
I store Bertha there too!
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #10
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Interesting, the thread on how we get creative on packing every available space and just as often the thread of being overweight...
I remind nonnavigator on a regular basis, anything put in "Rosie" has to be hauled.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:38 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I notice the new Monty's have the safe under the bed - how in the world do they secure it to that flimsy wood over the slide?

No hidden compartments in mine either Sue!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:42 AM   #12
leev
Established Member

M.O.C. #6136
I'll try to figure out how the safe is attached. Husband is working 24-7, so I won't be taking anything apart.
leev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #13
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
If you guys remember the discussions on CPAP machines a few months back then you know where the little Woman and I keep our medical devices. Pits picture perfect as does the remote control for the TV and DVD player.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I found two new spaces today which are just voids while checking things out.
One space is just above the water heater next to my recliner under the kitchen counter. There is a two-3 foot space under the counter where an extra cabinet storage area could be installed.
The other space is under the sterio system in the entertainment center above the power converter. I found an extra foot of unused space in there. I plan to use this when I install my washer/dryer combo which will open into the water closet. I know most of the 5th wheels have water and plumbing installed in an area for a washer/dryer combo but hte 330RKBS Travel Trailer does not. I have been wondering where to have it installed for some time and figured it out today when I put the surround sound system in the trailer. I took out hte bulky factory sterio/cd changer and put in a 5 disc changer/dvd player above the TV in the cabinet. With the open space I was worried but I found a site on ebay which has the exact same oak doors which my unit has so I can match them up nad have some more storage until the washer/dryer combo is installed next year.
I can't wait until next weekend when I go exploring the trailer again for more space.
Happy Trails
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote