Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2017, 09:17 PM   #21
mbensonTST
Gone Traveling

M.O.C. #20625
Texan,
Thanks for sharing your story!

Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132

mbensonTST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I just installed the 507. Crew cab dually with 40 foot montana. No repeater needed. Works great.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #23
grumpylane
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I just returned from the MOC national rally in Goshen. While leaving the meeting Sept 27th i turned my tpms 507 monitor on. I did not use the system going to Goshen on account i thought it didn't work even though i had installed and programmed the system about a month before i left for Goshen. When leaving for the rally i turned the monitor on and nothing happened.I didn't wait long enough for the monitor to pick up the signal so i thought the monitor wasn't working. When leaving the rally i turned the monitor on again and waited a little longer and the monitor started working. About 200 miles down the road i started getting a shrill sound from the monitor and saw that my left front tire was registering 95 pounds and all the others were around 120 pounds. I was inflated to 110 psi on all the tires so i knew there was a problem. I stopped at a tire store about 2 or 3 miles down the road and took my tire off across the street from the tire store as i couldn't fit in there parking lot. The worker submerged my tire in a tank and found the wheel was leaking from a hairline crack. This is the 2nd factory wheel i have had a problem with. If it wasn't for the tpms i would have done some major damage to the trailer as the tire would have gotten low enough to build up heat and finally come apart. Can't say enough how good these monitor's are. Even if you don't constantly read the monitor the warning sound is enough to catch your attention so that you can pull over hopefully before you wipe out the side of your trailer.I will now have 2 spares as it is not easy to find spare wheels while traveling for these trailers. I have 4 Hispec wheels ordered now to get rid of the factory wheels. These sailun tires have now outlasted 2 wheels so they are obviously tougher than the wheels.
so i have a question about the cracked wheels. where do the end up cracking. could it be the pressure that these tires are running at. i know the wheels and tires are rated for 110 psi but are they recommending running them at max pressure. i would think that the added extra pressure plus the weight and stiffness of the sailun or any other g rated tire would all add fatigue to the wheels. minor compared to the mine field of roads that we run on. so both of those added up i would think that if we run them at a slightly lower pressure it would help. just my non cents.

2017 F350SD/4x4/DRW
Montana 356TBF
Cory
grumpylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:35 AM   #24
mbensonTST
Gone Traveling

M.O.C. #20625
Thank you for sharing your story!! I am happy you were alerted prior to the tire failing, and causing damage to your vehicle.

Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions at 210-420-0132

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
mbensonTST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #25
coachgrowl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20448
My system picks up the readings from 100 feet+. I run all Sailun tires at 100 psi. Just me I never want to be at the max on anything. Keep an ace in the hole.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #26
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Mike,

When I get my unit back, I need to reset the sensors for my new Sailun Tires. I run 105-110 lbs, what ranges would be good to set for pressure and temperature to be of concern? I run AIR in the tire currently but considering Nitrogen, would that be different settings?

I also might want to switch sensors to those I can put air thru - possible?
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #27
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbensonTST View Post
Thanks CaptnJohn,

Yes any questions I am always here, and you are always welcome to call me at 210-420-0132.

Our new Wide Screen Full Color Display has been released as well this week. Don't worry, it works with all existing 507 Sensor types, and yes we offer a discount to existing customers. Our new kits ALL include the repeater as well.

Thanks
Mike Benson
TST TPMS
210-420-0132
Mike,

Please explain the biggest benefit to the color display over the black and white. Is it worth the extra $50?

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #28
Campntwins
Established Member

M.O.C. #17468
TST 507 Internal monitors. We've had them almost two years and very pleased.
Campntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We used the pressure pro system on our 06 3400 from 2006 t o 2013 and the TST 507 on our 13 3402 from 2013 to the present. They both worked fine did not need a repeater and saved us from probable damage or worse on several occasions over the years. We went to the TST system because we needed new batteries for the pressure pro and got a good price on the TST system at the Tampa RV show for for less that the cost of the pressure pro batteries. IMO both are good systems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #30
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Some have asked Mike Benson for assistance. He surely would love to answer. Anyone that wants to call him can find the number on the site by his name, on the TST website, or by contacting me. You can also find him and number on other owners sites.
Many members have a TST system. One of the reasons in addition to a great product is the fantastic customer service, being able to call is a real perk.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #31
Campntwins
Established Member

M.O.C. #17468
We have TST 507 and did not use the repeater for a couple of years. We would lose signal if 18 wheelers passed us or occasionally going around a curve. A couple of months ago, husband installed repeater in the storage bin connected to the light fixture.

We've had our TST for 2 years. The customer service is best...even after two years. They have gone the extra mile more than once helping us and our tire tech with questions and advice.
Campntwins is offline   Reply With Quote