Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Doggone!

After settling into a house, we decided it was time for a pet. I found a cute little Chinese Crested Powder Puff, a four year old rescue to adopt.

Things didn't turn out so well. After we got her home, fed her, then I took her for her first walk. I manage to drop the leash (reel type) and it scared her she took off and every time the reel bounded, she put it into another gear. We have been searching for her ever since. She has been seen and reported to us, but she moves around quickly. She took off Saturday late afternoon and we are still looking.

I have two small animal traps set to capture her. Last night I caught a cat, let it go and reset the trap. When I got there this morning, I had caught a skunk. I came home and got my .22 pistol and cancelled the skunk's visa so I could empty the trap. When I got home, Dianna said I smelled of skunk, so I bathed, washed my clothes and all is good. By-the-way, Fabreeze kills skunk odor very well, especially if it is mild. I moved the trap and reset near where she was seen this morning.

The community is very helpful. Several have been out to search for her. We have received several calls about sightings, but when I get there, she is gone. I haven't seen her since she ran. She has managed to shed the leash. Little six pound dogs are quick and can run fast. She was out of sight in less than ten seconds.

I am giving up hope because very bad weather is coming. I hope she is not starving. If we don't find her soon I am afraid she will starve or become a meal for a coyote or a hawk.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
That is too bad, and unfortunately it happened too soon for her to be looking for something special from you to remind her of where home is. Good luck finding her I'm sure she would much rather be in the warm house than trying to fend for herself. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Your new little powder puff is in our thoughts and prayers. Poor wee soul! Must be a little disoriented! Keep us posted!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Our prayers for you and her!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
sorry and good luck, but i gotta say this is a good reason not to use those reel type leashes.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote