Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
DVD Stereo Upgrades

I have a 2012 326 Montana Mountaineer and the DVD Player (Jensen)and speaker system isn't close to being worthy. Guess I should be knocking on wood because after 5 months of ownership the only issue with the 5ver has been the Jensen DVD player that has scratched three DVD's beyond use. Dealer said bring it in for a replacement but frankly I don't like that system and looking for a upgrade. Certainly some have installed better sound systems and DVD players? What are my options and is this a simple upgrade by removing that Jensen.
Thanks

F3fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Many of us have replaced them. Mine is a 120 VAC unit. Don't know if yours is that or 12 VDC.
I just went to Best Buy. They had a number of home theater systems by different manufacturers with a couple models by each. I was limited by space available in the cabinet so bought a Panasonic Blu-ray DVD Home Theater system that most closely matched my old one in size.
But they also had models by Samsung, Sony, and another or two. All of them came complete with new speakers, which in my case are much better than the old ones.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

Many of us have replaced them. Mine is a 120 VAC unit. Don't know if yours is that or 12 VDC.
I just went to Best Buy. They had a number of home theater systems by different manufacturers with a couple models by each. I was limited by space available in the cabinet so bought a Panasonic Blu-ray DVD Home Theater system that most closely matched my old one in size.
But they also had models by Samsung, Sony, and another or two. All of them came complete with new speakers, which in my case are much better than the old ones.
Good response thanks, yes it's 120 system.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We have installed Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers, a Pioneer 5.1 receiver/amp and a Sony Bluray Player. We had 2 replacement systems from Keystone and never put the second one in. We also got rid the Viewsonic TV and put in A 32" Sony LED TV. We really enjoy our entertainment system now.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
RJI47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6002
Send a message via AIM to RJI47 Send a message via Yahoo to RJI47
You're right about the systems they install at the factory. When I got my 2009 3400RL, the surround sound system didn't even have a brand name on it. In fact, there was NO name on it, and of course, it didn't work right from day 1. The dealer did make an exchange, but for the identical unit. I have since changed it and installed the Sony Blu-ray and happy with that. The only markings on the original unit were "MADE IN CHINA"
RJI47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RJI47

You're right about the systems they install at the factory. When I got my 2009 3400RL, the surround sound system didn't even have a brand name on it. In fact, there was NO name on it, and of course, it didn't work right from day 1. The dealer did make an exchange, but for the identical unit. I have since changed it and installed the Sony Blu-ray and happy with that. The only markings on the original unit were "MADE IN CHINA"
I went to a big box store (Best Buy)to see what would fit in the entertainment section and IM probably going to pick up a Sony or Polk Audio Sound Bar with a wireless sub. I have a high end Bose system in the house and I don't need a system to entertain the campground or RV Park neighbors just looking for something to replace the factory unit that came with the 5ver and not spend a grand doing it.