Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Winegard Trav'ler Satellite System Update

Does anyone have the Trav'ler System and how well does it work. Also are there any problems with it. We are looking at getting one for Shaw Direct (Canadian)Satellite. It is a 2 piece unit And Camping World in Wilsonville Or. will install it for $2200 with extended warranties. CW in Burlington, Wa wanted $2700. The toys are getting cut off next year as 2012 is retirement so it will be a must for this year.
UPDATE
Well we bought the Trav'ler dish system for our unit and we are having it installed on Sept. 17th.. It has to be ordered from Winegard which takes 2 weeks then they want to make sure it wasn't damaged in freight. August is a busy month for us so I made the appointment in Sept. It is going to be hard to wait for the new toy but it will be nice when winter camping.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We have the Traveler and use it with DirecTv. It's great, purely one touch operation. We had ours mounted midship by CW in San Diego, I believe. Wouldn't leave home without it...... I think we paid $1700 two years ago. We went with the HD Model and it works great.....Well, except in heavy rain, but they all pixelate in heavy rain.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Just had mine installed last week and used it this pass weekend (DirecTV Slimline HD). Worked great, just like being home. Push the button and listen to the motors go, takes a few minutes, but once locked on rock solid. You might want to check with Winegard to insure the Place you have it installed has Winegard trained installers. My nearest CW sells them, but doesn't have a qualified installer, so I went to another RV Service center suggested by Winegard.

Michelle S.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
We have the Winegard dome (which I think is what you are talking about). We had it installed as one of the conditions of buying the unit. After using it on the Oregon coast last summer we were very disappointed. I had to set up the portable satellite dish just about every stop. Took it back to the dealer and said we wanted a different one or equivalent in cash. The dealer was very good and suggested we first try applying "Dome Magic -- Rain Fade Solution." Well, it has worked perfectly ever since -- even in downpouring rains. Now the only time I put the satellite dish up is if there is a tree overhead and we just HAVE to be in that spot. It's expensive -- $30/can, but worth every penny. Good luck with whatever system you decide on.
Dick
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
The Dome will not work with the Shaw system (Canadian) only the trav'ler is made for it in the Winegard Satellite line.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote