Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
happyescapee

M.O.C. #6596
Getting service on 06 Montana

I need help - any suggestions? We have had a few problems with our 5th wheel, I called the place we bought it and was told to go to any Montana dealer and they would help. We were traveling so we stopped at a number of places in a number of states. All we heard was we didn't buy from them so they wouldn't fix anything. I stopped one place in PA, I took pictures they emailed them to Keystone while we stood there. Keystone says they never got them. I called Keystone spoke to a person named Tony, I explained that we have lines going up the walls across the ceiling and down the other side throughout the unit. He said not to worry when we got back to NC where we bought it we could have it taken care of. I said we have other problems, he said don't worry it will all be taken care of. I told him it wouldn't be until after our year was up. He said because he had it listed it would fine. We took it to the dealer, they said they never saw anything like it and would contact Keystone. They had it 3 weeks, nothing was done because Keystone said it was dirt and dust that had been drawn to the beams. When I called and spoke to Tony again I explained that 2 dealers that had looked but wouldn't do anything said they thought it was a problem with the glue bleeding through from the beams. I wanted a supervisior and got an assitant team leader Brant Tom who said he wouldn't go against what Tony had said. We have owned RVs since 1970 and never had this happen, we still have a 1992 Prowler that we lived in for over 2 years that nothing like this happened. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was also told Keystone DOES NOT RECOMMEND FULL TIMING IN MONTANA's BUT of course the Salesman at the dealer highly recommended it when we were buying because we ask point blank about it. Does anyone know how to get any higher up on the food change with Keystone? Any help would be welcome!!!

happyescapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Would you be able to take it to Goshen to the Customer Service Center? I am sure Keystone would at least "look" at the problem and see what actually caused the marks. Keystone is one of the best compaines I have seen who stands behind their products. I would continue to be nice, but firm on the phone, and continue the process.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote