Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
shotgunred10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9798
Where do you camp?

I would like to know where people without kids camp, do you use state parks, KOA CG or what. I don't have anything against kids, they are what keeps the lights turned on in the world, but DW hates getting hit in the head by a softball and I hate bicycles running through the CG and slamming into the side of the TV or standing in the road making faces at the dogs through the window so they will raise all kinds of heck. I guess I must be a scrooge or a grump according to the parents of the little angels who never do any wrong.

shotgunred10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I think if you camp during the summer months, spring break, that sort of thing, when families are out and about, you are gonna have kids.

It seems that almost overnight, our quiet, full of seniors escaping the cold weather, campground is now noisy, full of families for the weekends and winter break teens and young adults.

I'm good to go as long as there are NO kids on the playground before 7 AM local time

Also good to go as long as the young teens and young adults do not party past 10 PM.

So, guess you might need to find some of those over 55 only parks and frequent them, otherwise, come vacation time, there will be kids tossing balls and all that other stuff.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
shotgunred10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9798
Thank ya mam, i was afraid that was gonna be the answer!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Also, KOAs, Yogi Bear CGs, Good Sam and most parks with a lot of amenities - play areas, putt putt golf, water slides, etc - fill with kids when school is out and weekends at almost any time. We just do a lot of trial and error. If you must go to a "family" park, try to get a site away from the play area, pool, etc. Most parks are not really too bad, even on the weekends, when you set up your rig away from these attractions.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
We don't camp much if at all during July and August because that is when everybody and his brother is out there. Other than that I am just about game for anywhere.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
And as a side note, we don't go on the weekends very much either. Usually Sunday through Thursday.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
Les
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10211
We go to state parks quite regularly. Since we are not retired yet this includes a lot of weekends. Very rarley do we have trouble with noisy children. I guess I remember that when our kids were young that we started them camping young and now as grown adults with children of their own they still love to camp. DW and I get a kick out of watching the children in the campground playing. Although we do avoid parking next to the playground. We have had more trouble with people not properly picking up after their dogs.
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #8
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Where do we camp? Ummm- oh yea, in a camper.

Sorry, could not resist.

Seriously, I agree with boylanag about finding a site away from all the activities. However my wife thinks the KOAs are the best and insists I look for those in the area we will be in. I disagree, I'm a countryboy and I prefer ma and pa campgrounds. As long as they have full hook up. Also every now and then we have pulled into mobile home parks if that was the only thing close to the job.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
shotgunred10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9798
Junglejim, you're a smarty pants. This is the kind of thing we like, sitting around talking to people that are about our same age, heck, it don't matter how young or old you are. Since we aren't full time yet either, we're mostly on weekends and all the people that we like to camp with are waiting for Sunday to go I guess. When I talk about kids, I'm talking about my grandkids also, they're little terrorists. As for the dogs, we have trouble also with people who won't handle their dogs right, if we're the only ones in the CG, we let them out without a leash but don't let them get out of our sight, because although we love them, everyone doesn't like dogs and some are even afraid of them(these would lick them to death)and when they do their business, it's my place to pick it up and dispose of it, not someone elses. I know you can never make everyone happy, buy we try to do our part with all things.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
shotgunred10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9798
Maybe we need to get together at one of the local parks soon. What do some of ya'll think about it some where here in Mississippi?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
In our case, we don't ever "camp" because it's where we live full time. We are not really fussy about where we park just so that it's clean and not rundown like a gypsy park (no offense to gypsies). We hit one park that had a beautiful website and when we got there and found out what we had reserved for three nights, we figured that the website had to have been pictured 40 years before the day we arrived.

We have no problems with children as long as they respect us.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote