Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Southeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #21
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Great explanation Judy. (as usual) We have been to many mini-rally's because we happened to be in the same area as someone else. Sometimes for a night and sometimes longer. I love those rally's.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #22
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Sometimes its just fun to have a get together without "Rules & Regulations" or "presidents" and "officers"! Each can go to places together or separately. Play Mexican Train,(maybe even "chicken foot") bet Judy knows how lol, fish for catfish, play golf. Just like a big ole family reunion! who knows, heck might even be a "southeastern" songbird & waterfowl" carving class held , cant ever tell, hehe. Guess I'm just a free spirited "young lad" lawd but life is great "aint it"? God bless to all and even those that try to make life so "unsimplified" : )
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You're right, Tom, I learned on chicken foot (aka Turkey Toes, Spinners, etc) and actually played a game with our son and wife tonight. Georgia should be beautiful in the fall.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
What in the world are Mexican Whatcha-ma-callits or Chicken Foots. This isn't like Chicken Fingers is it? I've really studied Chickens hard and all I can figure is they must hide their fingers when I am looking. As for the Mexican deal, I'm just plain dumbfounded. Do ya'll ever do any plain ole southern stuff or have you been corrupted by outside influences? Golf is a strange game where you try and get your ball in a hole so you can get it back out and put it in another hole and so forth. Really frustrating. I suppose that's why the Lord picked fishermen instead of golfers for disciples. He knew those golfers would talk ugly and throw clubs. Fishermen on the other hand are patient or at least they say we are. That is up until we have to handle slimy catfish. Give me a Pompano, Flounder, Striper, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass or Sauger. Now that's good eating.
Dave Nowlin
Dave Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:37 AM   #25
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm with you Dave... Those are good eatin fish. You catch em while I'm golfing and I'll eat them when I get home.

Helen
Old 08-10-2007, 03:14 AM   #26
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
lol, now Dave ya'll jest hav'ta come on over hare to ga in oct we'uns ole sufthern boys & gals will show u'ums how to play de's games! maybes sum ole fashion hoss shoes pitchin! lawdys ya'll thinks dis suthern nuff? hehe! ah yea, brings ya whittlin knife to : ), aint diss fun?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 AM   #27
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, in the middle of all this silly stuff, I found out you play golf?????
Old 08-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #28
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I used to play all the time but haven't for about 15 years now Judy. I know that it is not something that you ever forget but I'm not sure if I can lift the ball off the tee right now. Bill has never played but wants to start this year too. I even enjoy just driving the cart around the course. It is so beautiful out there.

Be sure to bring your dulcimer with you Judy. And Jan, be sure to bring your knitting needles. Tom, I know Bill will love to see your birds. He makes beautiful walking sticks and usually goes to the woodworking classes when they have them where we are staying.

Helen
Old 08-10-2007, 11:31 AM   #29
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Does anybody in the group bowhunt or fish? I like shooting compound bows and tuning them and like fishing and make some fishing lures. In fact the fellow who made some of my lead pouring molds lives in Ringold, Ga. and works in Chattanooga. Right in ole Tommy's back yard.
Dave Nowlin
Old 08-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #30
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dan and I fish.
and we bought our Montana in Ringold.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
My dulcimer goes everywhere with me, Helen.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #32
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Hey Dave I used to fish every day almost but now just carry my equipment around, lol! I made my rods, lures,(Big O's) poured all my own jigs, and caught plenty sauger in that ole tennessee river. Even bought my monty in Ringgold from Northgate RV, billie and Fred. Bet I might know your friend probably there Dave. Tell him I had the pork Rind and boiled peanut business right across the Ga , TN line. ya'll take care!! But wish you could make it to the mini rally in ga. Love meeting people that loves to swap fish tales and doest take life to seriously except for carving, fishing, golfing, (telling lies) lol. I better get off here they gonna "BAN" me from this forum!! : )
Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #33
Dave Nowlin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7253
Well let's see now. In the late 60's & early 70's you couldn't buy really good ready made bassin rods so I built my own. Then in the late 70's rod building components got so high and good quality bass rods got so reasonable that I started buying the store bought kind. I've also bought several of John Miles Custom Rods (Cleveland, Tennessee). Then I got into fly fishing and started back building rods. Last I checked a 3 piece Able salt water fly rod was going for $695 so I found out where he was getting his rod blanks and built my own for about $245 that are superior to his. I was instrumental in the design and production of the Bass-O lure made in Memphis in the mid 70's and hand lettered all of the original baits. I make spinner baits, jigs and tie some flies today. I also build carbon arrows for compound bows. I used to be an avid gun hunter and reloader. I'm interested in too many things. My wife and I are involved in Nursing Home Ministry as well. The last 10 years or so I've become more and more interesed in cross-denominational ministry. We just don't have time to be full timers. Besides there is no example of retirement in scripture. So I guess I'll keep working and trying to help others as long as my health permits.
Dave Nowlin
Old 08-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #34
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Tom,

Have you ever carved a Blue Heron?

Old 08-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #35
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Tom,
Just was looking at the campground map and realized you and Nancy have the pull thru. Dan & I stayed there the 1st time we went. It's a nice view from up there! King of the Hill !
Old 08-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #36
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I'm looking for a Pelican Tom.... A big one that sits on the stumps. You know what I mean. That is what I want to use at our Florida Lot so it has to be finished so the termites don't get it. Let me know if you do anything like that. I sure would rather buy it from you than one of those cute little shops along the way.

Helen
Old 08-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #37
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
never done a Pelican, nor a Blue Heron, might have to give those a try sometime, but Helen, I may have something for Bill since he carves walking or hiking sticks!! Lisa it may be a pull thru, I have stayed at site 62, 61, on the other side, marina view, but we do walk alot and remember something about old mill's sections and up on the hill. but it said site 22 was a back in, 23 was a pull thru. 22 is one I got.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Tom, You're right. The campground map on the home page of the campground is marked wrong.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #39
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Wish we could join you at this little get together, but we will head
to Fla from VA around the 27th of Sept. We plan to be all set up in Lake Panasoffkee by Oct. 1st.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #40
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Salle & Samuel,
At least you'll be with us in spirit!!
Lisa