Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #21
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
IF they install the "heat pump" model on the nose part of the coach, Does that change the overall height of the coach in the nose? If so do you know by how much?

I know on mine, the heat pump unit IS taller than my bedroom a/c unit, but I haven't never measured the 2 to know the exact difference in height.

CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #22
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
On mine, they all are the same case and height. I also have all 15k models too.

I leveled things up so the trailer is nearly the same height front to rear. It was 2.5" taller in the front until I raised the pinbox up to the next set of holes. I still have nearly 7" off rail clearance.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #23
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Sorry for your troubles...

We just bought a new 38’ DRV today as our live in home that does not move. Learned while gazing at it from the outside this sucker is right at 14’! Glad I still have our 35’ Monty to pull around the country. This DRV would severely limit where we could go.....
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:47 AM   #24
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
beeje, I trimmed our across the dirt road neighbors tree limb overhanging the only in/out road. He wanted us to pay him for the limb. I thought he was joking, Not. He never talked to me again.
Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #25
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by margerush View Post
beeje, I trimmed our across the dirt road neighbors tree limb overhanging the only in/out road. He wanted us to pay him for the limb. I thought he was joking, Not. He never talked to me again.
Consider yourself fortunate. Don't need or want an idiot for a neighbor anyway.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:35 PM   #26
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Everybody has the right for access to there property via, deeded access/right of way etc. My neighbors (many org owners) had issues with a land owner ( now passed away) that bordered all of our properties for many years. The way I see it, its best to ask for forgiveness that permission.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #27
jetskier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
The way I see it, its best to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I removed three Cottonwood trees on Friday afternoon that were causing me grief for years (leaves, cotton for two months, leaning, seedlings everywhere, roots tearing up landscaping). They were adjacent to where we set up our above ground pool each summer. My wife was pissed for about 5 minutes until I said I'd put the pool up this year with no complaints. She's good now. I can't tell you how many equivalent cotton shirts I pulled out of the filter over last five years. Not to mention leaves and the algae problem from the green matter. One of the branches was within 10 feet of our Monty. They had to go.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:26 PM   #28
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by margerush View Post
If the limb was across your road it’s actually your limb and you can do whatever you wont to do with it. If your neighbor’s tree falls on your house it’s an act of God and not your neighbors fault. Here in Virginia if you have farm land and build a fence your neighbor is responsible for half the cost. A lawyer a few years ago built a fence and sent an invoice to his neighbor for half the cost. It was upheld in court. The lawyer never collected. He got shot. It might be legal that doesn’t mean you will get your money from an old farmer.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #29
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Quote:
Originally Posted by wecker1 View Post
With our deductible it makes more sense to for us incur cost out of pocket rather than file a claim. In regards to shopping around, or other brands, we have a short fuse as we have a trip planned within the next couple of weeks, and, IMHO, in this instance, I want to keep things OEM for possible resale consideration...even though I have heard good things about the Coleman units.
Good Luck with getting CW to do anything in a couple of weeks.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:37 AM   #30
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
Thought I would follow up and close this thread out by letting you know that CW got my unit in and out in less than 10 days! They ended up replacing the unit as expected. Total cost $1550. Unit, labor, and freight. Watch out for those low hanging limbs!
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote