Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Check Valve in Fresh H2O tank

Greetings, We are having a slight problem with the fresh wather tank filling with water when we are hooked up to city water. A call to Keystone says the check valve is the problem and a neighbor says the check valve to the fresh water tank is stuck open. I wonder has anyone else had this problem and were you able to solve the problem without replacing the check valve. Isn't a big problem just annoying. Thanks for your help.

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sound like that could be a problem if you have water pouring out the fill on the side?

The check valves are inexpensive. I believe it is near your pump if not attached right to it (suction side). Probably just easier to replace than try to fix.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Saw a thread on that a while back, there was something about using air pressure to kick it loose.. Sorry don't remember where the air was applied.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
In our rig, the only way water from the city input can get to the fresh water tank is back through the pump. We had the same problem a few months back and found that the check valve in the pump was allowing water to seep into the tank and causing the tank to over flow. I'm not sure how yours is hooked up but replacing our pump head corrected our problem.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Thanks for the possible solutions. Actually the fresh tank doesn't fill up. It may get about 5-10 gallons in it in a month period. I had it in the shop were we bought the Monty, but they didn't find a problem We had several other issues that they didn't fix either. I have been generally happy with their service but this last trip is a real disappointment. I think when we get back to WI in May I'll have to take it back and get on their case.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote