Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
HOT, HOT, HOT and second AC

I have my two AC units so they will both run at the same time. At the Lake this weekend in Northeast Texas with the heat and humidity sky high. Both AC units run constant, happy to report the inside of the Mountaineer was very comfortable.
So anyone having second thoughts about ordering a coach without the second AC, my advice is dont even think about it. Better to have it than to be caught without it.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You are so right. When it is hot and humid, the one air unit will not keep up. We don't turn the second unit on until we need it, but when we need it, we need it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
labouttejr
Established Member

M.O.C. #5936
We have the have the 2 A/C uints, when Az and it is 110+ they are both needed and worth it.
labouttejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #4
Little Rascal
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #726
So happy to see this post about the benefits of a second AC...we just ordered ours yesterday to have installed in time for our trip to San Antonio. We felt "good" about our decision to install, but after reading these posts...I feel "great" about our "investment!" Happy travels!
Little Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We are here in west central Florida where the temps have been in the mid to hi 90's and the humidity is pushing 80%. The heat index runs from 106 to 110. Our one AC unit, during the day, is also running constantly but it does keep the Monty at a comfortable 77 or 78 degrees. A second might help but we are comfortable with the single unit. We are kepping our fingers crossed that we don't have any AC problems.

BTW--Back in May, I can't tell how many times I was asked why I would want to be anywhere near Florida in July/August. Well, I told them "you don't have to be nutz but it sure helps". But this year it wouldn't have seemed to matter as the temps and humidity are high in southeast Pa and northern NY as well. If I gotta suffer I might just as well do it where Lorraine's Dad, Sister and Niece are and my site ain't costing but 240 a month.

AND, KNOCK ON WOOD NO HURRICANES.

At least not yet but we still got all of August to get through before we head out for Tennessee and Indiana
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Had temps last week over 110 mark, both a/c's running from 9am-8pm. They kept my 3400RL at a very cool 71 degrees!! =) I found that leaving them in the "on" position kept everything from "freezing up". I cannot believe I waited 2 years to have the 2nd a/c put in. It is worth every penny...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #7
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
We only have the one a/c unit and we could have used 2 in Redding when it was pushing 115 last week. Kept it running 24 hours a day and were able to keep the temp below 80 in the hottest part of the day. We will be looking for a second A/C or better yet upgrading to a newer Montana with 2 units.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote