Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Chico, Ca ???

We will be going to Chico, Ca. next month to have Fuel tank installed. Anyone Know of a nice place to park the montana for a night or two.
Thanks
Mel

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Not many in Chico proper but the Almond tree is in on North West side of town. Haven't used it but should be pretty good. See http://www.gocampingamerica.com/almondtree/

Woodson Bridge is a nice park near the Sacramento River but about 15 to 20 miles North of Chico. See http://www.campingfriend.com/Woodson...a&strExchange=

It should be very hot in Chico this time of year into the 100* range.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:13 AM   #3
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
Hey Mel & Joy,
We too are considering having Transfer Flow install a tank in our truck. Which unit are you getting? We'd appriciate any info on where you stayed. Thanks in advance.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:01 AM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
We are getting the 50 gl. toolbox/tank. We know people that have had Transfer flow tanks and keep getting them installed in their new rigs And are very happy with them, but all have been gas. I just could not see hauling over 100 gal. of high explosives so I waited until I got the diesel. This is not to say that the gas tanks are not safe I am sure that they are, It just would make me feel uneasy.
We won't go down until the last part of Aug. Already have plans for this month. I will let you know how it works out and where we stayed. We are looking at the Almond Tree but thought might be someone that had been there and had some info.
Just another thought
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #5
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
We just got back from Chico today. Had a 50 gallon tank installed. We opted not to take the Monty but stayed in the Holiday Inn. Great place, Transfer Flow had a deal with them so you get a discount ($69 total/nite). Free $5 breakfast, free shuttle or taxi to/from Transfer Flow. Did not pay much attention to RV parks along the way. Took 70 back to Reno. Not sure I would want to tow that road (grades/downhills). Took mostly scenic routes, went around Lake Tahoe and into Reno for the nite and home this morning.

Looked at RV park in south Lake Tahoe. Too tight for my comfort. No sewer hookup but does have dump. Looked at one RV park on NV side. Way too tight for me. I would not take my Monty there from what I saw.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote