Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Lake George Campground, Gansevoort, NY

This is one of the worse campgrounds we've been in. We are on top of each other. Sites narrow (Chuck hit a tree and scraped the awning)
Dog from behind and one over on a tie out that can get to our picnic table.
Had trouble checking in. Had our dog shot records but we didn't have a copy of our homeowners insurance with us. Didn't know we needed it. Apparently they have a "list" and german shepards are on it. They wanted it faxed to them but being the weekend I said probably wouldn't happen. I really don't want to share personal information with just anyone. Any way, we must be with our Mikkie at ALL times.
My dogs have barked only once. Other dogs I want to muzzle.
I guess it depends again on who you know. We will not be coming back here.

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks Carol
It is on my list of DO NOT GO. That's too bad because that area is one on our list of places we have to go see. I need to get the north eastern states on my list of "been there" and I want to go back to the baseball museum. Ed hasn't been to NY at all so we plan to go there. I wonder if campground owners have any idea what word of mouth does to them. MOC is just one of many RV groups and with modern technology we can all communicate very well.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Carol,
When we were up for the Northeast Rally we did check out the Lake George Campground and felt it was not up to all the hype we have seen in their advertising and web site. The same thing pretty much applied to Lake George Escape, we were not impressed.
If we were to make a return visit I would again stay at the Saratoga RV Park. It's about 20 miles away from the lake but the folks are a lot friendlier and the price was nearly half of the parks around the lake.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I just wish people would tell in their ads about the dog restrictions. We would not even try to go to those and then be embarrassed.

Carol
Old 09-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Carol,

I totally agree about dog restrictions. We have problems with our 2 dogs, so when we are travelling, we try to call ahead and verify they will allow our dogs. Even then, some campgrounds have said one thing only to find out upon arrival that they didn't "know how big they would be" or something like that.

I will second Glenn's comment about Saratoga RV Park. When Jen and I were trying to find campgrounds in the Lake george area for the Northeast rally, they were the only ones that we felt comfortable with. A couple of campgrounds didn't even return our calls and several were very restrictive on dogs.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 AM   #6
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
When we get home I will make some phone calls and complain about how we were treated. I told them when I made reservations we had the big dog. I am also getting a letter from our insurance company stating our homeowners cover the dogs.

Carol
Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Alpine Lake in Corinth, less then 30 minutes from Lake George, worked good for us. That is where my picture is taken from.
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #8
Montana_1988
Established Member

M.O.C. #1988
Post your comments on the RV Park Reviews web site. http://campgroundreviews.com/ This way everyone can see them. I also use this site when I'm looking for a campsite.
Montana_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote