Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Please post which parks have wi-fi

I would very much appreciate anyone posting a list of which rv parks have wi-fi internet available. I know there's a website with that info but it seems to not have very many listed. Here's a few we are aware of -

Austin LoneStar - Austin, TX.
Lost Alaskan - Alpine, TX
Portland Fairview - Fairview/Portland, OR
Cross Creek - Columbus, OH
Fredericksburg RV Park - Fredericksburg, TX

http://www.tengointernet.com/pages/tengozones.htm lists those with tengointernet as the wi-fi provider.

Thanks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We have at least one here in my town of Palmer, Alaska called Homestead RV Park. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:44 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Here's a site for Linkspot.
http://www.linkspot.com/portal/common/enabledparks.html

They even have wi-fi at Drummer Boy CG in Gettysburg but being you just left Gettysburg you probably already knew that.

When you get up here I really want to talk to you about wi-fi. Most salesmen I have spoken to about wi-fi only speak Greek. Did I ever tell ya that I understand every language but Greek?

See ya at Pla-Mor.....
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 04:51 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Blackwell Island RV Park in Coeur d'Alene, ID has Wi-Fi. Worked great for us the week we were there.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:17 AM   #5
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Willow Tree Resort at Longs, South Carolina - using it right now!

Have also used Cherry Hill at Washington DC and Colonial KOA at Williamsburg VA
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:27 AM   #6
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
I know I'm promoting another forum but it is one we use a lot.

On RV.net there is a list of wi-fi equipped campgrounds that is updated very regularly - it can be found under Campgrounds, Resorts & Attractions section and is usually "stuck" right at the beginning of the first page. Haven't counted how many listed but there are lots!

Much credit must go to Jennifer Davis the Moderator - where would we be without the hard work of Moderators?
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, everyone. I also got the link from another thread showing which rv parks offer free wi-fi. Glenn, I'll download the linkspot info as well as tengointernet (www.tengointernet.com) and will check rv.net per dianancolin. And make a note of those posted by others. I appreciate the input from everyone. Thanks.

Glenn, yes, I knew that but Drummer Boy was already full by the time I called them. We arrived in Gettysburg on Labor Day and that week was full up most everywhere. We were able to get into Round Top, which is not a bad park at all, but with just a central modem connection.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks, everyone. I also got the link from another thread showing which rv parks offer free wi-fi. Glenn, I'll download the linkspot info as well as tengointernet (www.tengointernet.com) and will check rv.net per dianancolin. And make a note of those posted by others. I appreciate the input from everyone. Thanks.

Glenn, yes, I knew that but Drummer Boy was already full by the time I called them. We arrived in Gettysburg on Labor Day and that week was full up most everywhere. We were able to get into Round Top, which is not a bad park at all, but with just a central modem connection.
Round Top is where we stayed back in May and no it wasn't a bad park at all. But they stuck us down in the back and the only way my AirCard worked was by taking the 'puter outside. Wish I would have known far enough in advance I could have mailed you my self guided tour CDs and maybe saved you a few $$.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Glenn. We seem to be missing connections right and left. Except today when we visited Pla-Mor and got to briefly meet you folks. We hope to get to know you better when we arrive for the rally in a couple of days. We're really getting excited to get there.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:18 AM   #10
Montana_385
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #385
Hey Steve...It's been quite awhile since I got on the forum. I was still whimpering over not being able to go to the rally! Just wanted to let you know that here at Horn Rapids RV Resort in Richland, WA, we have wi-fi, so next time you are in the NW, we're here for you.

Dan
Montana_385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:51 PM   #11
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Encore Super Park Sarasota North (Florida)
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:20 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dan, I think you already know when we're next in that area we'll stop but the reason is to see you and Cynthia! The wi-fi is just a bonus. Thanks, good to see you back!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #13
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
We are staying at COUNTRY WAYE CG near Luray Virginia. They have free WiFi here at the park. High speed is great! Nice clean restrooms and new laundry room. Nice place to view leaves in the fall of the year.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:36 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
At http://www.jiwire.com you can specify an area and it will list all the wi-fi locations it knows about. It knows about almost 40,000 sites around the USA. It also lists the provider and, in many cases, the pricing. I downloaded their free directory so can search it when I arrive at a park and am not online yet. It has an option to update the directory on my pc when I'm online. Pretty nice setup to have around.