Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The crick rose

Fraid the crick rose here in the Irish Hills, noooooo, we did not flood, but, due to health issues, Al and I are and Tana and Big Butt and the yorks are temporarily grounded.

We are gonna miss the RGV this year.

We have enough hope that this will pass that we have plans for next year on the drawing board.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Sad news indeed for you folks, I can sense from our time on this forum what a big part of your life that annual pilgrimage has been. We wish you the best in dealing with these issues and hopefully all our lives will return to some sense of normal during the 2009 year.

P.S. How well did those yorks take the sad news? I am sure they know somethings up by now!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We are truly sad that Al and Carol will not be passing nearby nor staying in the Valley this year. Sad for them and sad for us!

Maybe their absence is the reason we have heard nothing about monthly meetings this year. We don't always get to attend, but we would surely like to know if there will be any get-togethers. We'll be looking on this topic.

Al and Carol are Winter Texans, just temporarily away from home.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Are thoughts are with both of you.

Another year, another day, another trip. They will happen, right?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #5
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Carol,

Sorry you and Al won't be able to make it this year. We were looking forward to seeing the two of you again.
Hope all goes well and you will be able to do it again next year.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

This truly hurts us "all" when Al and Carol won't be with us in RGV! Carol certainly does get things going which we appreciate very much. She's not only excellent at leading us but they both are SUPER people to be around! We too, hope there will be some way of getting together as we will miss many great MOC friends. We will look forward to seeing Al and Carol next year, time goes by very quickly!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Sure hope those health issues are resolved REAL soon. Good luck to both of you and hope to see Tana and Big Butt on the road soon.

Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:56 AM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
thanks all

The yorks are fine as long as they get their fiddles and sufficient cuddle time.

The rest of us are shivering!

But the glacier on the back deck has melted, just in time for the next snow storm. It was 12 to 18 inches deep of snow, and ice. The kids, err yorks, could get up on top and walk around, cept that last freezing rain made it really slippery up there.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Going to miss seeing you two this year. Hope whatever is keeping you home gets better real soon. Happy New Year.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
One of those phrases we have stopped using is, "We are going to...." At our age, life brings too many variables to plan without contingency. If we are able today, we try to do it. Tomorrow may not be available to us. Here is hoping your tomorrow will be available. Happy New year.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #11
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
The other winning that you here is Mary and me but that will end the first of Feb,I HOPE.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #12
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Well Carol, I must say I am going to miss your day by day account of getting out of Michigan on your way to Texas. I guess I was living my life through your experiences and it will be a couple of years before we will be able to head south with the humming birds. I look out my window every day at Monty sitting there with snow and ice all over him and just wish my life away wishing it was 2 years later so we could drag him south in the warmer climes.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Phil and Mic,

There has been a tad bit of whining going on here as well. I'll let you figure out how much.

We LOVE Texas, and the people, and but, of course, the weather.

The weather here has been frightful for well over 6 weeks, bitter cold, rain, snow, freezing rain, sleet, wind, ohhh BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I think since Turkey day we have had snow on the ground, now, true we did have a day of 55 and a day of 62, but, not all the snow melted even then. I started to believe the week before Christmas that I would never have to travel to Alaska, cause of that glacier on the deck. It was so cold this week that the snow did not melt off the blacktop driveway. And it was only 1/4 to 1 inch of snow. GRRRRR!

Gotta say, Al and I are two rather pitiful campers. Cabin fever does not describe this angst!

Did I ever say, I hate being cold?? SIGHH

Like Stiles points out, you never know what tomorrow will bring health wise, and believe me, we are hoping very hard for a "available tomorrow".

We are hoping for the best, and if we can get past this, you may not hear another story of us fighting the winter weather Phil, cause if I have my way, I will be out the door November 1st! Al says he has to chop leaves in the yard after that date, my take, let em rot or blow away, I don't rightly care!

Yep, lots o whining Mic!! Hey you get all your issues over and done with and get to the RGV, you have more than earned your trip!

In the meantime, anyone that wants to send warm weather to Michigan, we will gladly accept same! Just make it DRY and WARM!!