Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 AM   #1
Yazoo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4650
where do these water lines go?

I have a '06 3265 I'm winterizing for the first time. Behind the furnace there are 2 water lines that go up the wall somewhere and either come from or go toward the rear of the rig. I've winterized everything else but can't get any pink stuff through these 2 lines. Please help, where do these go, what are they for?

Yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 AM   #2
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I'm not familiar with the 3295, but is seems to me if you use the hot water bypass, and pump the pink stuff so it comes out all the h/c faucets, o/s shower, toilet, i/s shower...those two lines have to be winterized. Maybe dump a little down the shore water overflow line and all the traps...what else is left?
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
I'm also not familiar with the 3295. Could those lines be to your washer/dryer hook-up. The first time I winterized I forgot about these lines. Fortunately, I took the Montana out again 2 weeks later and this time when I winterized I remembered them. Easy to forget when you don't have a washer/dryer. I don't know if your unit has been pre-plumbed for a washer dryer, but it might be worth checking.

Bruce
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
He may be talking about the drains below the storage compartment, I have 2 which look like the drain for fresh water.
I unscrewed the caps and ran the pump abit till water stopped and emptied out, then put caps back on and did my winterizeing....those 2 lines then turned pink also with the rest of the lines everywhere else.

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
We have the pre plumbed lines for the w/d...since there is no w/d, there should not be any water in there...should there?
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #6
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
Unless there is a shut-off valve separating the washer/ dryer lines from the rest of the water system - I don't think there is - there is a good chance that water is in these lines even though you may not have actually used these taps yet. When winterizing, it's only a few seconds and a small amount of antifreeze - just to be sure. Oh, and don't forget to hold a bucket under the taps to catch the antifreeze as it comes out.

Bruce
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #7
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I agree with Bruce that the washer water lines probably have water in them. I would assume that the lines are water tested at the factory and are not drained after testing. Maybe someone that has taken the factory tour would know.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #8
Yazoo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4650
After some more investigating it turns out to be the blank tank flush. The line goes up to some kind of air valve or something. I can just barely see it through the crack of the pocket door to the bedroom area. I hope i never have to change that thing, that would be a real job. I blew out the black line flosh with my air compreser. thanks for the other responses, I did winterize the washer water lines.
Yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote