Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Say what....

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2016/03/ke...fiver-in-2015/

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
....for four years in a row...that's not what they've been telling us.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I'd guess this is probably the same as many elections across this country ... depends on who does the counting or who programs the voting machine.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I would guess there are at least two numbers. Dollar volume sold and number of units sold could certainly give you two different #1's.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Does not surprise me I tell ya one thing from my travels across the West coast anyway there are always lots of Cougars in the resorts more than any other brand that is for sure,Keystone has always had a winner with the Cougar line
Old 03-10-2016, 02:52 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Even up here in Canada in the area we live in all one has to do is open their eyes to see that the Cougar line is by far the most popular and has been for many years.

Our friends have a Cougar with a very similar floor plan to our 3610, that is why they bought it, and it is very nice.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:12 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Montana web site says "North America's #1 Selling Luxury Fifth Wheel for 14 Consecutive Years."

Cougar web site says "For thirteen straight years RV buyers have made Cougar #1 in its class."

It is not what you say, but how you say it. Same as Ford, GM, and Ram all simultaneously claiming greatest towing capacity in its class. Or best fuel economy in its class.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:21 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have always been of the opinion that the Cougar is a better seller than the Montana. We see many more Cougars around the country than Montana's however it is just marketing and makes no difference to me. If a Cougher met our lifestyle needs we would have one.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:47 AM   #9
Kampn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18069
Yes, I think they are saying that Cougar is the number one selling Fifth Wheel (in its class). The cougar is in the Mid Profile class, Montana is in the Luxury class.

You can always word things to sound the way you want, like... Jayco is the best selling Fifth wheel in every class, of the Fifth wheels that are named Jayco. Now on the other hand statistics are even worse when it comes to making them say whatever we want. I read an article on Forbes about this, the example they used was this..

[A picture of a graph with two lines over a 130 year period, one was global warming temperatures and the other was the number of pirates in the world.]
"As you can see as the number of pirates in the world has decreased over the past 130 years, global warming has gotten worse. This makes it clear that if you want to stop global warming we need more pirates"
Kampn is offline   Reply With Quote