Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Fresh Water Tank

I went exploring today.
I took the rear bottom bottom down to look at the water tank.
To my SURPRISE.
The rear bracket is welded in place.
The front bracket is put into place after the tank is put in.
FIRST, the front bracket, that they installed only had one screw holding it on each side, there is holes for three on each side.
SECOND, there is 1 1/2" space between the tank and the bracket when I push it tight to the back bracket, so the tank could slide back and forth with a little water in it. ( I put piece of 5/8" plywood both in the fronty and back to take up the space.
THIRD, there are small "L" brackets to prevent the tank from moving frm side to side and guess what, one was installed and the other was just there, never installed. I am going to put one on each corner.
Also going to replace that small cap that you have to unsrew to drain your tank with a 1/4 turn PVC shut off valve.
Well that is all for now

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Carlson, you produce some very interesting and informative posts. Keep sharing your ideas.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Stiles,
Thanks.
The neatest thing about this site is that everybody seems to be very positive and wanting to help out other people.
When I find something, I want to share it as there may be other Montana owners who have the same situation or want to make the same improvments.
Also while I am in around the water tank, I am going to clean up some wiring, with connectors and wire ties.
Thanks Again
Old 04-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Something ELSE to add to my list of things to do or check....

Thanks for the heads up Carlson.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:31 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
carlson, just in case the Montana/Keystone folks don't catch this post, you should consider letting the factory's Quality Control folks know what you found. Those employees on the assembly line may think they are doing a wonderful job, never realizing the 1 1/2 inch space and the one bolt installation may really be a big problem just waiting to happen. I've found most folks want to do their job right, but sometimes they're never told what's right or what's unacceptable. The QC guy may not even know !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Vnaman,
Thanks for the suggestion, I copies the post and sent a e-mail to Keystone, on the warrenty etc. site.
Thanks again