Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Bonaventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #11228
Wingard GM 1518 carryout satellite dish issues

I just purchased the GM 1518 and have the Eastern Arc satellites (77, 72 and 61.5) using a fixed Dish Network dish, 500 I think, on a VIP 222 receiver for home viewing because of physical obstructions preventing me from using the Western Arc sats. Currently at home on the installation summary in the switch box, following "check switch" action, I get Dpp 1k.4w/separater. I believe that is because I have the separator hooked up on the back of the receiver allowing me to watch 2 tvs using #1 and #2 Dish Network remotes at once on different channels. My question is if I leave the receiver on the eastern satellites when using the Gm 1518 away from home in my RV, do I need to get the SW64 switch or is that only needed with Western Arc sats since I would not be toggling between the primary 119 and alternate sats in the Western Arc as the GM 1518 manual indicates? The manual is silent when discussing the Eastern Arc sats regarding SW64 switch. I have not had a chance to try the GM 1518 yet and wanted to get some input from Winegard on these questions first. I set the GM 1518 switches to # 2 and # 5 down with all others up for eastern Arc.

Question # 2. - Would I be better of using the Western Arc for programing and reception when using the GM 1518 and resetting the receiver each time I went from Home to RV set-up and vice versa? My current zip code is 44004.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the satellite and cable wiring diagram for the 2012 Big Sky 3665RE Montana. Depending on how it is wired, I am told by Winegard, the 1518 manufacture, that I may need to run a direct line from the dish to the receiver. I have 3 cable inputs; cable in, satellite #1 in and satellite #2 in. So I am thinking one of the satellite lines, probably #1, is a direct run from the outside to the living room large TV area.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rick B
Bonaventure is offline   Reply With Quote