Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
Montana_3859

M.O.C. #3859
Ideas on Selling Montana

We love our 1999 Montana but must sell it because we bought a boat and can't trailer both at the same time!

Any ideas on where or how to advertise online?

Montana_3859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Don't sell your Monty....if you enjoy the boat there is always a way to get the Monty and boat to your favorite lake or park even if it takes two vehicles. Just think a litte about your options, things can be worked out.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Charlie is most likely on to something here. Perhaps you can tow the boat with another vehicle or make two trips if the campground is not too far away. Perhaps someone else could even bring it up for you. My father–in–law has made two trips before, and we have camped at SPs in both Georgia and South Carolina where numerous people do one or the other.

If you love the Montana, I would be very hesitant to let it go.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:01 AM   #4
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I have a rather large boat that cannot be pulled behind the trailer, I just invite someone that I can to stand the weekend with and get them to pull the boat.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:16 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
tough decision..... had you thought about this for a while, or just now? sometimes things don't seam to practical. I can see having to make a choice though.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:20 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We have an 18' boat and a Montana. The boat is used on the lakes in our general area, and if we want to stay at one of the lakes a few days, we either make 2 trips or use 2 vehicles. Now that we have the Montana, I think I would choose it over the boat, but it depends on your own situation. Tough decision!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:30 AM   #7
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by Sunshine

We have an 18' boat and a Montana. The boat is used on the lakes in our general area, and if we want to stay at one of the lakes a few days, we either make 2 trips or use 2 vehicles. Now that we have the Montana, I think I would choose it over the boat, but it depends on your own situation. Tough decision!
------------------

In our area we see many fifth wheel trailers with hitches added pulling boats. Maybe that is an option for you.

Either way good luck.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:26 AM   #8
Montana_3682

M.O.C. #3682
The Montana can go ANYWHERE. The boat is only useful if there's water around. Lose the boat. Keep the Montana. You'll regret it if you sell it.

Rodney
Montana_3682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:02 AM   #9
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
Get a slip for the boat.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #10
party of 5
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1764
My parents have had a boat and travel trailer for years. My Dad pulls the tailer with his truck and my Mom pulls the boat with their
Excursion and have been doing this for years and works out great don't have to give up either camping or boating.
party of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:55 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Since we are very near to Lake Erie we have several members of our camper group that are boaters and campers They alternate camping and boating because they like to do both. Unless it is a financial issue keep both if you like to do both.If it IS a financial issue then you need to make the decision that is best for you.. I for one would love to have a boat on the Lake but can't afford to do both.We chose the Rv route because it is less expensive. With the boat we are confined to Lake Erie or the great lakes, large area yes but the camper can take us any where..execpt of course the Great lakes////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:06 AM   #12
Montana_3859

M.O.C. #3859
Thanks for all the advice! We've been thinking about this for a long time before we bought the boat. The boat is 23' and we can't tow it with our other vehicle. We plan on using it on local lakes but mostly in the Gulf of Mexico. Since that is about a 3 hour drive from our home, making two trips would be wasting gas and time! Since we are no longer 'full timers' we really don't need the 40' Montana. We plan on buying a cabover camper for the truck that should be good for camping with or without the boat.
Montana_3859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've seen them sold on Ebay. Also there are some online sites that specialize in RV sales but I'm sorry to say I am not sure how to find them other than maybe to do a google search on 'rv sales' or something like that. Check the trailer life site, they may have a link to these places. And you can put it in our own section for sales, here in the MOC forum.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Go to rvsearch.com (this one is related to Camping World, Good Sam) or rvtraderonline.com . We listed our travel trailer on the second one when we sold it, although it turned out that a local bought it after seeing it on a drive by.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote