Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2024, 11:11 AM   #1
Simpson9508
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13509
3790RD bed

We were having trouble with the bedroom slide in our 3790. The sled was binding both pulling it on and out. Upon further investigation I found that the bed frame is breaking away from the exterior wall. My question is does the foot of the bed have rollers underneath it? If yes do you pull up the flooring in the bed storage area to access them. I don’t know if my issue is just the frame coming loose at the wall or if a roller or something in the bed is binding causing pressure that caused the frame to break from the wall. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Simpson9508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:01 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
There are many threads dealing with this issue. Lots of folks have rebuilt or reinforced the bed platform. This is a screen shot from a thread titled “bed height” the gives you a general idea what it looks like. I’m sure other folks in the forum can provide links to threads about the rollers - I just could not find any except this one. Try searching for this thread to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	16387  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:07 PM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Here's a link where I added extra rollers to the foot of the bed.

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...t=slide+wheels. #26

As for the bed pulling away from the wall, there are NO wall studs in the wall. I added L brackets between the wall and the frame. You can also add them between the bed frame and the moving part of the slide floor. Don't use screws any longer than 3/8th" the floor is only 1/2"
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:21 PM   #4
Rnjmurray
Established Member

M.O.C. #32951
Bed pulling from wall

The main reason for this is the bed rollers get bound on the carpet. Even bedroom without carpet the wheels make a groove and the side gets into a bind and puts force on the Fram and pulls it from the wall. Just fixed two of them. Easy fix Go down to Lowe’s and buy 2 piece of thin flooring 3 or 4 foot long. Put then on the floor where the wheels are when pulling the slide in.
Rnjmurray is offline   Reply With Quote