Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Living in your Montana this Winter?

Since some folks aren't as lucky right now to be camped out in the nice weather states this winter (like me). I'm sure others including myself would like to know what other members are experiencing so far and how you guys are getting along in the snow and cold. The information will give others who have thought about full-timing in the middle of winter some first hand information on how your Monty got through the winter of 2006/2007. I will start this thread by saying that so far, in central Ohio (where i'm staying), it has dipped into the single digits and my Montana is getting along just fine! Nothing freezing up...still toasty inside. The basement storage stays on average between 40 and 50 degrees. I'm keeping the furnace on 55 at night (with the sliding door closed), and the bathroom and bedroom gets HOT!...like really hot . So I sleep fine in there. I also have a space heater in there I have to turn down at night or I start to sweat. I have plastic on all windows and that has helped out a lot. I put the furnace at 65 while I'm up and about and use space heaters too. Anything above 65 is too warm for me right now. I will post again to update everyone when the tempartures get below zero. Looking forward to your posts throughout this winter! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote