Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey Will, thanks for the tips, Sue has a bunch of plants and 'green stuff' around the pool here, some cactus 'ears' she found don there last year she is nurturing along. I just don't want to have a bunch of teeny stuff sitting around, I want high plants, low plants, pretty stuff....just not my field..
Some landscaped yards have mounds of dirt with mulch & pretty green flowers and plants around them, may do something like that.
Good luck with the Pineapple tops, bigguns may greet you when you get there...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Maybe some yucca plants? You know what. We have an acquaintance in Rio Hondo that works for TX Parks and Wildlife. She told us it is against the law to cut the blooms off yucca. I had noticed several that were cut around Easter. It is some sort of Mexican tradition to make a meal of some sort with the blooms on Easter. Seems it was made with eggs. Maybe she had too much wine to drink that night. I never heard that one before. Back to subject. I like the raised beds myself. We have low maintenance beds here at the stick house. One bed has Lantana, the kind that doesn't get very tall. All you do is trim it back before Spring, and bang, you've got a pretty bed. I'm not sure how much rain they'll get down there in the hot months, so that'll be a consideration. They did get some rain down there with the recent floods we got here. A friend of mine in Port Mansfield called and said they got 2" one day. He said the deer even had on life vests. That is flat ground there, and it is clay, not sand like SPI. I bet it was a mess.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #23
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Will, I plan on watering if needed. Many people at the campground have sodded their lots, have sprinklers and little lawn mowers. Ahh, the idle retirement life. Oh, I do have to worry about when I'm not there in the Summer, like you said, so that will be another head scracher....
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #24
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

If you come through the Austin area on your way down next year I will give you all of the cactus and yucca that you want FREE. I have a several volunteer peach trees that you are welcome to have FREE too. Monkey grass is easy to grow and should do well down there if you don't want to put in stones for flower bed borders. I also have some ground cover that I will give you cuttings of that once you have rooted you can plant them.

Hopefully we will have hookups for the Monty next year... you could even stop and put your feet up for a day or two, we have plenty of room here on our acreage.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #25
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Colleen, that is very nice, and I would like to meet you. I would like to have Monkey grass, because it sounds neat, and I could point to it and say, "Hey, there's Monkey grass growing over there.." (Doesn't take much to entertain me....)
We usually stay in...Deacon, Monk, what the heck is the name of that town?...where the Cabala's is.
We stay at that RV dealers place, next to it.
Where are you guys located?
I think we will be loaded, and packed so tight we will not have room for anything. We are staying 5, probably 6 month's and are taking supplies, plus all Sue's plants that are basking in the sun on our patio.
At the very least, maybe we could meet when we come into town.
Ozz
Old 07-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #26
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Ozz,

Are you talking about the Cabala's located between Kyle and Buda? It is located right on IH35. The dealers located near it are Crestview and Marshals Travel Land.

When are you coming down this way? If we are here we would love to meet you guys in the future. Heah we could go to the Salt Lick BBQ for all you can eat..... you get to bring your own cooler of beer in free.

Colleen
Old 07-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #27
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sounds like a plan, Stan!
Yes, it's Buda, the Rv park is right on the hill overlooking Cabala's. How is the other RV Park? We may try that one.
We will be coming either the last week of October, or the first of November....or maybe even sooner.
Will you be around then? I looked up your web site, you have a nice operation there, I know it took, and takes, lots of hard work and dedication.
Ozz
Old 07-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #28
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Ozz,

The two places that I mentioned are RV dealerships. Can you remember which one you stayed at? There is a KOA campground that is closer to Austin. I can't vouch for any of them, but Buda is very close to us and we would love to show you around a bit and introduce you to some great BBQ and or some killer Mexican food.

Depending on the hurricane season we may or may not be here. We sold our kennel on April 2, 2007 so we just hold the note on the place, we aren't working it. Hubby is a storm adjuster so if a hurricane comes in we will be HOPEFULLY working it, got to pay for that health insurance some how If we are here we would love to meet you guys in person. Have I mentioned the worst hang over I have ever had was on Corona's..... that was in Las Vegas.

I will PM with our phone numbers. As I mentioned before we have the land to park you just don't have the hookups right now.

We camped at Sunset Point in Marble Falls and got to have a mini rally with Mperk. He is the one that replaced all of his carpeting with lamanet flooring. It really looked nice.... I am still happy with my carpet. I was very surprized about how much his decals had shrunk. Hopefully the newer Monties won't have that problem. We waxed the Monty this past week.... don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Colleen

Old 07-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #29
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I do remember the sale, you were apprehensive about it. Good luck, and we would love to meet you two.
Ahh, Corona's, Sue is hard core, she still loves them, I switched to Miller Lite, I am a lightweight....
I be loving the killer Mexican food>>>>>>>
Whatever the RV park, it's in Buda, we will be close.
See Ya!
Ozz and Sue
Old 07-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #30
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Ozz, we have a nice plant growing here in Georgia that would do wonders to give you some privacy. Its called Kutzu. You can't kill it and in 6 months you won't even know the Fiver is even there. If you don't like that, 6,00 pavers should do the trick.

PS. No way i'll help you lay then, your to close to mexico.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #31
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! Sue and I were talking and looking at the lot pictures last night, I told her there was plenty of cheap labor around there, I will be grunting, drinking beer and pointing..... I did take all my yard tools, sand and clean them, then put a coat of paint on them, otherwise they will rust away there on the Island. Hate to get them dirty now...
Kutzu, hummm, probably one of those plants that was imported, now takes over everything, and is a menace. I'll look it up.
Ozz
Old 07-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #32
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Kudzu - http://www.cptr.ua.edu/kudzu/
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #33
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
http://i11.tinypic.com/4md5csy.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/4md5csy.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/677mwkx.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/5y2ht8h.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/544b2fn.jpg

Ozz, heres a lot we had a couple yrs back, before we had a monty, but might give you some ideas. We really enjoyed it.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 AM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Tom, Sue liked the pots with the holes in them, and the different color and height plants, the pictures gave us good ideas.
Take care, Ozz