Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hero's

Here in the Kansas City area we have a Plumbing, Heating and Cooling company with an ad that runs, showing a man in a maintenance uniform with a plunger at 'Present arms'.
I don't want to hear advertisement saying a Plumber or a guy adding Freon is a hero. It burns me that they take that name and cheapen it to sell maintenance repairs.
Hero's are our service-men and women on the front lines, and those supporting our troops, hero's are the firefighters that put their lives in jeopardy to save our property and our lives. hero's are the E.M.T.'s that respond to emergencies when our lives are at risk.
You should be ashamed of yourself, LBA.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Can't agree with you more OZZ! Here in Omaha they are showing an add of a "Hero" wearing a yellow cape climbing a stadium power pole and restoring the lights for the game and also a mechanic that come driving up in a wrecker, wearing the yellow cape and repairing a broke down school bus full of band members. They then tell you to look up a specific site on the internet to look up "Hero" businesses that will come to your rescue! NOPE not heros to me just another way to get more of your money. Anyone can put their names in for these businesses whether their straight or crooked! As you said my HEROS are those serving and served our nation to protect our freedoms over the years, the police officer on patrol, the firemen going into a burning building, the EMTs that are saving the lives of accident and health problem individuals, and the linemen up on those poles working with those live wires in the dark of night or in the pouring down rain. They are ALL risking their lives for the betterment of all of us!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
What you said Ozz, I agree 100%..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Agree with Ozz. Fortunately, I live in a town full of real heroes with Ft Bragg ten miles away.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
You darned sure due tim43.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I wrote this for them, and I thank all of you that served and sacrificed for our country.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
underpar

M.O.C. #10082
Right On! The guy with the freon might be a hero if he recharging the A/C on a tank or in a submarine.
underpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Thank you Ozz....you are so right!!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You know? It's sad that the term hero sure seems like it's being thrown around a lot. I don't know if it's just me and I am getting old and crotchety, but I sure hope I'm getting more intolerant.

So regarding that dude at present arms, was the business end upwards or downwards? Hopefully you get a chance to see him face to face and if it's upwards smack it against his nose, and if it's downward, well, smack him with it on the "other nose". I hope you MOCers can come up with other ways to take care of the shmucks with the yellow capes. I think they wear those to blend in with the streaks running down their backs.

Hmmmm, I better calm down. Sorry folks.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Ozz, I like your list of hero's but you missed one catagory. I wasn't a hero but I served with them...policemen. When the gunfire breaks out everyone runs away but the policemen who runs toward the gunfire, you feel like a human salmon.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HughM

Ozz, I like your list of hero's but you missed one category. I wasn't a hero but I served with them...policemen. When the gunfire breaks out everyone runs away but the policemen who runs toward the gunfire, you feel like a human salmon.
Hugh
You are correct, I had the police in mind, I was just emotional and not checking my facts. Agree 100%. Thanks for adding them to the list. I think Nurses would certainly be added as well.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Ozz I think nurses should be listed under "angels" My wife had lung surgery yesterday and the nurses she has had have been angles. We couldn't ask for better treatment.
Hugh
Old 04-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
How is she doing Hugh? Good I hope. Tell her Sue and I are wishing her well and a speedy and complete recovery.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Ozz, Thanks for asking. She had lung surgery yesterday and she's being released tomorrow. They had to break a rib and she's in some pain but doing great.
In 7-10 days we head back to Florida and then spend a month in the Keys. We've been in Houston for 5 months and we'll be glad to be home for about a week before we leave again.
Hugh