Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I took the 'quack' out of it...

not perfect, but it passes with the missus...
If you stand back and squint your eyes, it looks new.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I think you need to whack the other side, then pound it back out so both sides look a little rough but only if it really bothers you. It's a cover! It's supposed to protect the interior components! It did this quite successfully! The dent you showed in the top picture proved it!

Unlike a bike helmet that is "supposed" to be replaced after each spill on your head, this cover does not need to be replaced each time unless it gets cracked apart. Just pop it out, there's a little roughness to prove it's done its job and you wait for the next time.

Good job Ozz! Looks very acceptable!

Hopefully the next duck doesn't duck into your ducted cover! Hmmm, sounds like the start of a new song from Ray Stevens.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

not perfect, but it passes with the missus...
If you stand back and squint your eyes, it looks new.
Squinted so hard I lost one of my eyes.
Later, Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Hey Ozz; great repair job!
I knew you would come through on that one!
Could the dent have come from a softball?
Was there any nearby kids ever playing close by?

I removed the top on ours this morning to clean the A/C and immediately I could see straight through the fins. I knew that it didn’t need any cleaning at all but rinsed a little water through it anyway. The top of our camper was really dirty and the cover as well I scrubbed inside and outside of the cover to get it clean. What I noticed was that the top cover was very flimsy for the most part; I can see something insignificant causing a little damage pretty easily like what you had.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey Dennis, we will call you 'One Eye' now
You must use self control, just blur eyes, just like you do when you look at your truck and say: naa it isn't dirty enough to wash.
Those fins are far apart, the makers of them know people won't clean them, so in order to avoid warranty claims, they make them....well CHEAP. Having the fins spaced apart helps the rain and going down the road keep them clean also.
As for the damage, I don't know how long ago it was damaged, we just noticed it here in Bozeman after leaving the North entrance to yellowstone.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ozz-- I thought that you had learned about stuff like that down in Texas--- A couple of good margaritas and there isn't anything that can't look in good shape!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Ozz-- I thought that you had learned about stuff like that down in Texas--- A couple of good margaritas and there isn't anything that can't look in good shape!
That's a fact-Jack!