Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #21
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Well, guess we need to put in our 2 cents worth - we have had RK (3295) and now a center kitchen. We carry porcelain, glass wine glasses, glass candle holders, etc. - carried real china enough for the holidays last year to Arizona, nothing broke in the rear kitchen, except a plate that didn't break enroute - I opened the cupboard and it broke on the way down....Now in the CK 3400, we have also broken a plate - that wasn't packed tight. I use non skid on the shelf itself, and have cut out non skid to match the size of plates, bowels, cups, etc. I wouldn't change the floor plan to accommodate the dishes, but I don't see any reason not to use the dishes we have - they won't do us any good packed away in storage (the other arguement here is obvious - if full timing - which we aren't - , then wouldn't have the dishes at all, except what was traveling with us); that said, use what you want - as you want to; pack it well, but not to make it such a chore for traveling so it ruins your rv'ing experience, and if it breaks make a decision to replace, or get a different type of dinnerware...We carried a favored cookie jar in the very rear cupboard underneath the sink in the 3295 travelling about 8,000 miles last year - no problem - packed it in towels in a box...

Happy Trails,
Chaser
Mike & Evy Orlob
Reitred, Rv'ers, Racefans

Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #22
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I agree with Country Dog's = EG Butler and Country Guy Carol and Al. I-90 has a reputation for putting RV's in the ground or ditch. Christa and I traveled that route from Albert Lee to Winona, Minn. I moved to the left lane thinking that was smoother. God was I wrong. (However the way Christa packed everything nothing was broken in the rear kitched) and that was a REAL TEST.
When I returned home I wrote the Minnesota Governors office and also the state DOT, Complaining (IN A VERY NICE WAY) - You guessed it. No answer.
But that would be one of the true tests for durability of plates and glass ware and the MONTANTA rear 3650RK passed the test in FLYING COLORS..... FOR THOSE THAT CARE - " I DIDN'T"
Safe Travels to all John H.
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #23
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
Well, thanks for all the information about different floor plans, don't know what the future holds, but then life is a mystery isn't it. As for bad roads, I agree with who ever wrote about I-20 around Shreveport, but PLEASE include I-20 through Jackson MS, I had not driven throught there in years and the pothole locations where the same, just lots bigger!!!
and as someone said, writing to the Gov. and the highway department got no response, but then I'm not sure those good old boys do any writing. Ya'll drive careful now, ye heer.
I'll take Texas roads over just about any other state, they seem to keep MOST of their roads in pretty good condition. I know that the years we lived in San Diego the state was to busy building NEW roads to keep up the old ones, but with the growth rate out there its easy to understand.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote