Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2023, 08:39 AM   #1
Gbailey9099
Established Member

M.O.C. #26123
Dometic Penguin 2 AC wiring help needed

Hello everyone hope you’re all doing well.
I’ve been going mad for about a month in this heat trying to finish getting this AC set up.

New unit tag says 651916H751j0-01, believe it’s the penguin ii unit.
So I’ve got the new unit on the roof in place but can’t configure this wiring. There is the one large plug (yellow) that will connect directly to the camper, then the new unit has the smaller wires connected in a harness to a small plug. The wires coming out of the camper are all loose (about 10 or so wires). The new unit came with a harness that will fit into the small plug, so I guess it’s a matter to connect that piece to the loose wires coming out of the camper.

Knowledge with electric is very weak and I can’t make sense of any of the manuals I’ve found online. I’ve called about 15 mobile techs with no help so far (if anybody knows a tech in the Rhode Island area that can help let me know).

My biggest worry is that I could have the wrong unit and won’t be able to get it connected. Can anybody confirm that what I have will work? Even if it involves installing a new thermostat(?)

Thanks in advance for any input. You guys are always the best. Cheers.

Ive attached some pictures here of the existing wiring, new wiring and what my thermostat looks like. https://imgur.com/a/vNlTRBw

Gbailey9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:12 AM   #2
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Since you have the single zone the thermostat did you get the new AC with the CCC2 control board instead of the one without the CCC2 control board
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:23 AM   #3
Gbailey9099
Established Member

M.O.C. #26123
The CCC2 control board.. not sure where that would be located. Not sure if mine has that.
Gbailey9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:24 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Checked that PN and the unit you have is the Penguin II with Ct control board

This link will help you identify the wire color codes from thermostat to the new unit

https://www.dometic.com/assets/12/86/3316570_71286.pdf
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, conditioning, dometic, wiring