Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2004, 11:58 PM   #1
Montana_2454

M.O.C. #2454
new owner of 3685FL

we are new owners of a 3685FL. This is our first fifth wheel. We pull it with a Ford F250 HD deisel automatic. We jsut got it so we also can not use it because we live near Oswego N.Y. My husband is going to be retiring. I will be taking summers off to travel. Any suggestions , us being new Montana owners. Corky and Kathy

Montana_2454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:03 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC and congrats on your new Montana. Being from northern NY I can understand why you can't use it. But you gotta do like Lorraine and I did. Come to Florida. NO freezing cold, frost or snow down here.
Lorraine and I are from Black Lake. Just a bit further north than Oswego.
Keep an eye on the North American MOC/Northeast Region thread as FredG is trying to get a late spring early summer rally going in your area. A rally is a great way to get to meet a lot of other MOCers up close and personal.
Just this past weekend Lorraine and I were looking at the 3685FL. It's is a beautiful rig and one that we will be considering if and when we decide to upgrade
As far as suggestions, you will get plenty from the MOC members. For me I have just one and it may well be the easiest one. Enjoy that new Montana.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:24 AM   #3
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We too have the 3685FL and are from Central NY. We loved the floorplan. Just hate that privacy curtain to the bedroom. Hope to get some ideas somewhere to change that. But the kitchen makes up for the inconvience. We had the booth put in for more storage. Gave up some of the "open" look, but have a spot for my pots and pans. Love that kitchen.
Going to Florida for the winter would have been nice last night. Our furnace decided to quit. Nothing like a cold house at night when it's 22 out.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:52 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You are in the right place to begin learning. We have picked up a lot of excellent suggestions on the MOC Forum. I like to think maybe we may have contributed a thought or two. Most of the suggestions we were able to pick up were answers to specific questions and by reading the posts to others questions.

While you are frozen until the Spring thaw, I might consider reading the info to found on other websites with suggestions for beginners or newbies. There are all kinds of checklists out there. We use written, laminated checklists for setup and breaking camp. The philosophy is that if pilots and astronauts do it, it is probable good for 5ers with forgetfulness.

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the MOC.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:49 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulatons on your new 3685FL. America is your playground, go out and have fun.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Corky and Kathy -

Welcome to the forum. As mentioned earlier, you are in the right place. Congratulations on the new unit and best of luck. I still have about seven years before we are in a similar position, but have already told our daughter we would be by in June to pick up our Grandson enroute to Alaska. Enjoy your new unit and retirement. The possibilities are endless, for everything else, there's Mastercard.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Corky and Kathy, and welcome to MOC! I hope you find lots of great information and warm fellowhip here. As Glenn said, the rallies are a great way to meet others with Montanas. Our September rally in Indiana was fantastic. Almost 70 rigs there! It was really nice to put faces and personalities with all the online userid's and names.

We've also had the pleasure of meeting a number of MOC'ers along the road as we travel. There's a section of the forum titled something like "who, where, and when" where some of us post where we'll be for awhile. If we're in your area or vice-versa, please let us know and maybe we can get together.

Also, if you go to the "Scooters Realm" or "Scooters Corner" (forgot which it's called) there's a section titled 'stats and facts'. Open that one and scroll down to New York and you'll see a list of userids from New York. You can't tell just where but it's a start.

You asked if we have any suggestions. I'm not sure if you want suggestions about your Montana or places to go, or both. Or something else. Just reading through the forum will net you a lot of info about Montanas. For travel, you'll also find posts about that but also notice links in people's signature lines that lead to info about their travels. We have such a line in ours (see below). We've picked up ideas for places to go that way.

The Search function (upper right hand corner of the page) is a good way to locate specific info. Also, because of the number of posts, many older ones have been archived. If you want to search the archives, just check the box related to that in the Search function.

And, of course, any questions you have, you are welcome to ask in this forum. Keep in mind that in MOC there is NO such thing as a dumb question. If there were, I'd be the king of dumb!

Have fun, hope winter goes quickly so you can enjoy that new Montana! The 3685FL is gorgeous! And your truck will do a terrific job with it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:44 AM   #8
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Congratulations on new rig, we too bought 2005 3685FL this year love our unit. We also pull with 2001 F250 PSD see our profile. Pulls great no problems. The unit is great. Happy Trails, and be safe.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #9
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Congratulations on the new rig.Spring is just around the corner Happy Rving
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Congratulations on your new RV and welcome to the moc. I'm a new member and have learned a wealth of information already by reading all the posts on the site....and there are many. In fact you almost have to set aside a couple of hours a day (at least an hour) once your hooked and I do mean hooked in a good way. Spring will come sooner than you think....in the meantime read on!!!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:47 PM   #11
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Congratulations Corky and Kathy on your new unit. Congratulations Corky on your RETIREMENT, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Agin Congrat.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #12
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
congrats, we too have a 3685 and also are in upstate NY. any questions or problems let us know.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:54 AM   #13
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by retired

we are new owners of a 3685FL. This is our first fifth wheel. We pull it with a Ford F250 HD deisel automatic. We jsut got it so we also can not use it because we live near Oswego N.Y. My husband is going to be retiring. I will be taking summers off to travel. Any suggestions , us being new Montana owners. Corky and Kathy
retired - best of luck with your new rig and future returement. This is a great site to learn and ask all the questions you need.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote