Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
Montana_3022

M.O.C. #3022
New Members

Hi everyone. My better half Mary and I are in the process of determining our retirement unit. We will be retiring in 5 years and are very interested in the 3670RL. Would love to hear from current owners the good and bad points of this unit. We currently have a 94 Terry 33.5 5ver. We have a 95 F250 Super duty PSD with Superchip Tuner, AT and 4:10 to pull it and will also be upgrading it. What are you using as a tow vehicle and how satisfied are you with it? TIA

Montana_3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Welcome wpalmer326 to the forum. We have a 3670 that we bought last fall and we love the openness of this model. We usually have a adult daughter that travels with us and when we are all up walking around we are not bumping into each other. Also plenty of room for two or three people to work in the kitchen at the same time (I need lots of help cooking). We also like we that we can get to everything when the sides are in--stove, fridge, table and the most important thing the little boys and girls room. We sometimes eat lunch on the road in the 5th wheel and being able to get to the appliances makes things a lot easier with three people. Because of the open design we can open the couch so our daugher can go to bed and we can still sit in the recliners--kinda tight but not very difficult at all.

As far as the truck can't say to much. If you look in our signaturee you'll see we have a 95 F350 PSD 4:10 with a banks power pack and we have NO problems towing

Look at all the models you can because they all work for whatever your needs may be and look forward to seeing your posts.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
First of all, welcome to MOC ... you'll find a lot of good information and a heck of a lot of really nice people here.

Second, OHMIGOSH!!! You're from Topeka! My husband and I sold our home in Topeka almost two years ago after living there almost 30 years!

We have a '03 3295RK and pull it with an '05 F250 ... LOVE both! Enjoy shopping!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the MOC. We bought our 3670 a year ago and have used it three times so far. We really love the open floor plan. We ordered ours without the tub, just a shower and that is really nice. I have had Travel Trailers for the last 30 years and after towing the 3670 through Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Washington, and California I will never go back to a travel trailer as the 5er pulls so nicely behind our Chevy. As you search through the MOC messages you will find a long list of improvements that we all have been doing to our 5ers since we bought them. If you think of any improvements please post them for all of us to see. Good luck on your choice of Montana or other brand if you decide on that.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Bill and Mary, welcome to the MOC. We are relative new-comers to this forum having bought our 3670 last October. While we've only taken a few trips in it so far, we absolutely love it. Dave teaches and has spring break 21-25 March. We just got done making reservations for the week - can't wait! We agree with all tbhd said above concerning the floor plan and access to everything.
For about 6 months while trying to make a final decision we would go "visit" our rig, planning on what we would put where. Lots of fun! We also have the shower - no tub. We traded in a 25 foot Coleman Caravan that we really liked. Hubby says the fiver pulls so much easier than the trailer. I'm going to find out for myself this summer. Best of luck in your shopping. Have fun!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Bill and Mary! As Vicki said, we don't have the 3670. However, we have friends with that model and it's a beauty. One thing we noticed is the open floor plan and how nicely that worked with six adults sitting around chatting.

I know Palmer is a common name but are you by any chance related to Dave and Dusty Palmer in Topeka? Or to Art Palmer, the attorney? Vicki used to work in the same firm as Art.

Your PSD will do just fine with the 3670. If you still want to trade and want diesel, any of the big three diesels will do a great job for you. You asked how we like our current tow vehicle. We love it. The new builtin brake controller is by far the best braking experience we've had towing our Montana, although the Prodigy controller we had in our '03 PSD was also excellent. If I were buying, and knowing all three diesels are excellent, I'd buy whichever brand best fits my other needs, knowing all three will do the towing job just fine.

Good luck and let us know as this all progresses.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Bill and Mary -

Welcome to the MOC. We have the 3400RL and we tow with a Chevy. As Steve said, any of the three will pull it. Pick the trailer and truck that you fall in love with and you can't go wrong. Hope to see many posts from you in the future. Best of luck on your new 5er and TV.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Love our 3670RL Big Sky. Oh, by-the-way, welcome to the MOC. We are five months from fulltiming it. We chose the 3760 for its openness and the fact that when we are on the move, we can easily function with the slides in (prepare food, eat, enjoy TV, bathe, and sleep). Since they're on individual controls, we can let the bedroom slide out by itself if that is desireable.

I can attest that it pulls comfortably with the F250. I did juice it a bit with the Hypertech, but it worked well without the extra horsepower. I find the single rear wheels to be very stable when facing oncoming eighteen wheelers. As has been said, any of the big three trucks will do the job.

Let the adventure begin...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:22 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Bill and Mary: We also have a 3670 Big Sky. We agree with the comments from tbhd. It is almost as if we wrote what he said. We travel with our adult son all the time. We are currently spending 6 mos. in our unit in Texas and find the unit just perfect for a long term stay. As Stiles noted the ability to control the slides individually comes in handy at Flying J's or Walmarts when we stop and can get beside the grass.
We have a 2500HD GMC with the Duramax.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:12 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I might add - in '03 (non-big sky) the controller to separately control each slide was an extra cost option. I don't know if it was standard on the BS nor if it's standard in the current models, so check it out if you're interested in having the individual controls. By the way, that doesn't mean it has separate switches. It means in the front locker you can shut off individual slides so they don't move when the switch is depressed. We have this option and it does come in handy although we don't need to use it very often.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:42 AM   #11
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome aboard. We have the 3255RL, which is also an open floor plan, which we really like after the tight quarters of a 30' TT. We pull the 3255 with a '96 F250 PSD and so far she has pulled it like there's nothing back there. Enjoy and keep us posted on your travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:41 AM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome wpalmer326 to the forum,
Planing your retirement early is always a good ideal. I started 5yrs in advance as well. I retired last Auguest. I had everything planed out and made the move with my 2980 following me.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #13
Montana_3061

M.O.C. #3061
Hi everyone, I'am Chris and my wife is Kathy. We have a 02 2950RK and pull with a 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Pickup. Love to take the trailer out when we can. We both still work but can see retirement in about ten years. We live in a small town in California called Coalinga. Coalinga is about 65 miles SW of Fresno. Coalinga is near I-5 and the Harris Ranch Restaurant. We travel with our beagle named molly mae. Glad I found this site.
Montana_3061 is offline   Reply With Quote