Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #21
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Phil,
You are in my prayers. I have been in your shoes. I lost my wife just three weeks ago to breast cancer. Watch out for the doctor make them tell you straight up whats going on, they have a way of step stepping the issues. If you have any questions ask me i am kind of an expert now. You can e mail me at Greg4502@aol.com if need be.
Greg

Old 09-26-2007, 07:12 PM   #22
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Phil, Your family and you will be added to our prayer list. Keep the faith and look for the positives.
Greg.. so sorry for your loss.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #23
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054

Thank you to everyone for your prayers! I was overwhelmed tonight when I logged in and read all the messages. I can't tell you how much your responses mean to me. This forum is a true family.

Greg, I am so sorry for your loss. I too am becoming an expert fast. I want to know what these medical terms mean Monday when we meet with the doctor. Watch out I probably will take you up on your offer for help.

God bless you all!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
phil, any updates on your mom's testing? we continue praying for her and your family.
greg - so sorry of your very recent loss. i lost a good friend about a year ago to breast cancer. i was privileged to be part of her hospice team in the last months, and am thankful for precious time we were able to share in those months. time and God, time and God
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
She will be added to my prayer list. My mom had breast cancer and beat it. The power of prayer can be awesome.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 AM   #26
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Phil, prayers are going up here in the mountains of WV and will continue as we head south with the Monty later this week.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #27
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
UPDATE...
We met with the surgeon yesterday. The surgeon doesn't think it has spread to her lymph system. Mom promptly told him to "cut them off!" I sat there in shock for a second then busted out laughing. Most times humor is the best remedy in a tense situation. She made the decision to have a double mastectomy and was at peace with her decision before we even met with the doctor. The surgeon is a good doctor. He had answered every question on my two page list before I could even ask one. My sister in law is a nurse and she said he answered everything she had to ask so we are pretty happy with him so far. This is a best case senerio for mom. With stage one breast cancer and a mastectomy she will not have to have radiation or chemotherapy treatments. The only thing she will have to endure is a very painful removal surgery and swallowing a pill for 5 years.

I have to admit it is bumps in the road such as moms sickness which shake a family to the core. Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor I couldn't stand it. I can't imagine what she was thinking. When he told her to come back he wanted to examine her first then talk to us I started shaking. When he called us all into the "family" room and she wasn't there I was freaking out. When she walked in and sat down with us I felt a little more at ease. When he came in and explained everything to us we could all just feel this toxic energy leave the room. We went home and cooked a big family supper and just sat on the patio visiting for a couple hours. Finally everyone retreated to the house and had the best nights sleep in over two weeks. Closer. stronger. better. The way a family should be.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. They mean so much.
Phil
Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #28
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Phil, That is such great news when you consider what it might have been. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. It is amazing how a situation like this draws a close family even closer. We will keep your mom and your family in our prayers.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #29
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Phil, your mom sounds like a strong woman! I pray her surgery and recovery goes well. So nice that you have family to lean on at this times!
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #30
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Phil,

What a great report, the family bonding, the "cut em Off", ALL of it.

we will all continue to send forth our best wishes and positive thinking.

Do keep us updated.

ON EDIT: Greg, On reading the entire thread I see your post, and our hearts go out to you! May time bring you wonderful memories of your Helen. God Bless
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #31
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Our prayers are with your family. My Mom had an agressive breast CA that unfortunately did not show up on the mammagram she had and it was diagnosed after it was in her bones. Unfortunatley there was no tretment that could be done. I am so glad that they are able to do something for your mom. Jan
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 AM   #32
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Phil, we will definitely have your Mom and family in our prayers. We wish all of you the very best and please keep us posted.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #33
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
Phil, your Mom and your family will be in our prayers.

Greg, I am so sorry for your loss.
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #34
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Monday mom had a double mastectomy. I can't believe how fast all of this happens. Two weeks ago she was getting a routine mamogram and now she has cancer, a major surgery and it is all so sudden. Here is the GREAT NEWS...The cancer has not spread to moms Lymphnodes. If the sentinal node test comes back Thursday as negative for cancer she will not have to go through Chemo-therapy or Radiation Therapy. She will just have to swallow a pill for 5 years, routine blood testing and physician exams. God bless her she has the spirit of a warrior. I am so proud of her.
Thank you for all of the prayers! They do work!
Phil
Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #35
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
that is Great News! we pray for a negative test for cancer on Thursday. we pray also for your mom as she heals.
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #36
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Great News!! I hope the next test is negative as well. We are praying for a quick recovery.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #37
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
Glad to hear your mother is doing well. Thanks to all for the codolences for my wife. A note to all the ladies. Don't wait if you find a lump. Get it taken care of quickly, it may save your life.
If anyone ever has any questions about don't be afraid to ask. I learned a lot in the last two years while my wife was fighting hers. i would gladly talk to you about it.