Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2019, 06:48 AM   #21
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Houston outside of my local channels area at the moment. But making mistakes and errors on someone else's first is tempting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I have a better idea...just come to Houston this week and practice on mine first!
Then yours will be easy-peasy.

Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #22
anna

M.O.C. #27465
Check the toggle switch

I thought mine was broken as well. Above the push button controls is a toggle switch. I must have toggled it off when I was cleaning. As I pulled the glass front off, my hand bumped it on. Imagine my surprise!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #23
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I need to get behind the Titan fireplace to route a new coax for my Dish tailgater.
I have searched this forum and keystone forum and apparently the glass front lifts up a bit and then out. The brochure shows the mounting screws behind the glass front. Sounds simple enough - however - my glass panel is mighty tight. The left hand side will jiggle maybe 1/16” up and down but the right hand side is solid no movement. I got up real close, braced myself on my knees, put my hands in the slot and pulled up hard. Nothing gives.

There is a screw on left and right side of the slot in the glass. I have not tried to remove those to see if it helps. The whole thing feels like I will break something if I try to pull harder. My back feels the same way. There has got to be a simple solution.

Suggestions?
You don't need to remove the fireplace to run your new coax.
Simply take the drawer out of the cabinet and access the area that way. A fish tape or do like I did and pull your new coax in with the old one. Use some dish soap and water to lubricate the coax.

30 minutes tops.

Mark
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote